Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

View Poll Results: split bbv?
no 24 53.33%
yes 21 46.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Assani\'s NFL Wagering Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Where's your stone cold 200 unit pick of the week?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't have the bankroll to do that when one unit is $100. Last year my bets were $1 each.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
6-0 is nothing. I'm 14-0 in NFL but no link, so you'll have to believe me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...a few bad weeks can easily kill my fast start. I'm not going overboard at all just yet. And I have no problem believing you.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Detroit's 2-0 and looked solid so far with Kitna in (his health is key but I've read he's probable this weekend) and Eagles are 0-2 and have looked like absolute dogcrap. Plus Philly on a short week, and home field's only so much of an advantage when your fans are booing you in the first quarter.

Does no one else think Det +6.5 is great value? I'm thinking of putting a second unit on this (which I rarely do without line moves).

- C -

[/ QUOTE ]

Get PokerFink in here and he'll tell you all about how Detroit has benefited from a soft schedule and Philly has played 2 teams that are much better than public perception. I think that we don't know enough about either team right now, so I'm laying off of that game.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:37 PM

Yes, please do. We need Pokerfink to educate all of us because we are huge idiots and hope one day to graduate from AAA to the big leagues also known as the Sporting Events forum.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:40 PM

I post this same thread over at footballguys, and this post by kensat30 has convinced me to lay off the SF/Pit game I think:

Let me preface by saying that I am a Niner homer.

Normally I would agree with you that Pittsburgh is a lock to blowout the Niner's in Pittsburgh. But after watching the first two games, I would urge you to reconsider. The 49er's are playing an entirely new ballgame this year due to their defensive FA acquisitions and Patrick Willis. We've proven that we can beat an equally matched team on the road(STL). How did we do it? Ball control. Our D keeps everything in front. Did you see Fitzgerald and Boldin get shutdown? Holt was almost non-existant against us. Only Bruce was lighting us up, all with the underneath stuff.

We play 2 deep on virtually every play. I really don't think Ben is going to have his way with SF, and furthermore I think we are very well suited to shutdown Willie Parker's style of play. Our LBs are fast, you're not gonna get the corner on them. It all adds up to a low scoring game IMO. And when you consider that Frank Gore can score from anywhere on the field, giving up double digit points just does not make sense to me. 17 PIt 14 SF is very possible.

#1 We have not been beaten deep one single time this year despite playing great WRs in Boldin/Fitz, Bruce/Holt.
#2 Patrick Willis is a freaking monster and allows us some major flexibility in our play calling.
#3 Pittsburgh O has looked good, but I think Ben's weaknesses play to our strengths, we can pressure him and force him to dink and dunk.
#4 Our secondary can create turnovers.
#5 Willie Parker will have a hard time running outside
#6 Frank Gore is the equalizer.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
giving up double digit points just does not make sense to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where can you get SF +10?

- C -
Old 09-19-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I post this same thread over at footballguys, and this post by kensat30 has convinced me to lay off the SF/Pit game I think: Let me preface by saying that I am a Niner homer.

Normally I would agree with you that Pittsburgh is a lock to blowout the Niner's in Pittsburgh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pls don't repost threads/ideas/posts like these in this forum. This belongs in sporting events, and no one cares about some random poster from some random site anyway. Thanks.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:26 PM

is najdorf like a mod or something?
Old 09-19-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is najdorf like a mod or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he runs [censored]. Like trying to keep the moran infestation in check.

This thread is awful. Some of the analysis is gibberish. There is no discussion of methodology or why any of the analysis makes sense. Like he doesn't "connect the dots" in any sort of meaningful way. His thread last year was a gross perversion of stupidity into an FGators level of moranism. Aside from lying about his record and his bets etc etc. we mostly just don't like the ignorant pompous attitude Assani takes.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:43 PM

Stop sucking up to me like I'm a mod or something.

Srsly, we got enuff gibberish on this forum, we don't need to [censored] import it from elsewhere by a guy who was making '100-unit bets' last year, and misreporting his record then, and saying how he's undefeated ldo and etc.

If he wins our bet then gg AF, but reposting nonsense is totally unnecessary. Isn't one I HAS LOCKXS thread enough, we have to put that stupidity in every thread now?

Suggestion: every time someone seriously says XYZ is 'a lock, a guarantee, can't lose' make them offer 10-1 odds to everyone on the forum up to $100. If XYZ is already > 10-1, then make it 100-1 odds. If they back out, temp ban for a week. If they come back and post 'locks' again, permaban.
If they post someone else's 'locks' same thing.

Sugg 2: All 'locks' from now on must go in I HAS LOCKS thread, otherwise temp ban, 2nd offense perma ban.