Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 11:31 AM

Default some simple questions about the wii

hope its ok to start a new thread about this. it will be quick, anyway.

two questions :

1) how much fun is playing a wii alone?
2) my bed is directly in front of the tv. how many of the games require you to be stood up and jumping around?
Old 09-10-2007, 12:06 PM

Default Re: some simple questions about the wii

1) somewhat fun, same experience as playing against other people but less competitive and less social
2) not many of them require you to be standing up, tends to be easier for games like bowling though, that require a large range of motion
Old 09-10-2007, 01:10 PM

1. I'd say it's quite fun, but exactly how much depends on the game. I think that Zelda and Metroid Prime on the Wii are some of the best console games ever, and the motion controls really add to the experience. Wii sports doesn't do much for me playing by myself, though.
2. Only Wii sports has required me to actually stand up. Playing Metroid, I'll sometimes have to be pulling my arms around when I'm tearing armor off the baddies or whatever, but it's intermittent. For Zelda, you swing the remote to swing your sword, but you can flick your wrist instead of swinging your whole arm.

Can I take this opportunity to ask a simple Wii question of my own?

3. I downloaded the MP3 preview movie thing a when it was first available. I subsequently bought Super Metroid on the virtual console. Now that I bought MP3, I deleted the preview movie channel. Rather than moving Super Metroid in to fill the void, it left a hole in my channel list. Is it possible to reorganize your channels or something so I don't have a blank spot in my channel list?
Old 09-10-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3. I downloaded the MP3 preview movie thing a when it was first available. I subsequently bought Super Metroid on the virtual console. Now that I bought MP3, I deleted the preview movie channel. Rather than moving Super Metroid in to fill the void, it left a hole in my channel list. Is it possible to reorganize your channels or something so I don't have a blank spot in my channel list?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, hold a and b at the same time on the channel you want to drag into that spot
Old 09-10-2007, 01:30 PM

Oh, sweet. Thanks.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, hold a and b at the same time on the channel you want to drag into that spot

[/ QUOTE ]

nice, so good to know.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:41 PM

So far for me none of the games have required me to stand up. I can play bowling, golf, tennis, zelda all sitting down using a relatively small area. It's a good thing because standing up for long periods is a problem for me.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:44 PM

ideally i just wanna lie back in bed late at night and play a game without having to sit up, kneel, dance around etc.

i guess i'll get a 360 and get the wii later when i have my own place and can invite friends round.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:25 PM

Yeah, while sitting down is entirely possible, I struggle to see how it would work lying on a bed. You'll end up setting on the edge of the bed for sure.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:31 PM

Zelda was great, Super Paper Mario is fun but way too easy, and if I think a game is easy then it means that most 4 year olds would find it easy. Resident Evil 4 is okay but sort of boring. There are probably more fun games but I spend a lot of time trying to go broke so I don't play much.

I've never had to stand up or even think about having to stand up while playing a game.