Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 09-08-2007, 04:40 PM

Default 15/30, weird action on turn

Villian has been realtively tight. When game was 3 handed i was 3 betting him very often and even made a big flop 3 bet bluff vs him in a reraised pot which i showed.

5 handed, utg (13k) raises to 120, villians (3.1k) calls, i call on button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and 11k behind.

flop is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
checked to me and i bet 225 into 405, UTG folds and villian calls

turn is K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
he checks, i bet 620 into 850, he thinks for a second and shoves for 2770 total.

i think he would bet more of his decent hands on flop (flushdraws combo draws two pair+) so im not sure what to put him on. i guess he could have ts9s but he cant have 8s9s. i also think hes tired of me pushing him around so much but im not sure. any thoughts ?

thanks in advance
Old 09-08-2007, 04:55 PM

Default Re: 15/30, weird action on turn

yikes.

i think he's got a lot of 7xhh hands, maybe 65hh, something like that. conversely, nothing keeps him from having Kxss.

this depth, i think he can concievably check call a street with a very strong hand, perhaps trying to induce a double barrel from someone who he thinks will double barrel this board often (you), and look for a "safe" turn to put a bunch of money in with a big hand. K8 obv isn't out of his range, K7 and K6 might be tho.

i'd fold here, but I think AA would be extraordinarily close.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:02 PM

Is the turn bet standard?
Old 09-08-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, I don't like it but GP is a wizard
Old 09-08-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yikes.

i think he's got a lot of 7xhh hands, maybe 65hh, something like that. conversely, nothing keeps him from having Kxss.

this depth, i think he can concievably check call a street with a very strong hand, perhaps trying to induce a double barrel from someone who he thinks will double barrel this board often (you), and look for a "safe" turn to put a bunch of money in with a big hand. K8 obv isn't out of his range, K7 and K6 might be tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

AA is close? are you serious? what do you put him on? strictly straight+fd/k6-k8? with AA you need to get it in. T8 is close, given the description of the game. definitely wouldn't mind a fold.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yikes.

[/ QUOTE ]

AA is close? are you serious? what do you put him on? strictly straight+fd/k6-k8? with AA you need to get it in. T8 is close, given the description of the game. definitely wouldn't mind a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol? yes? guy is straightforward? he can have any two pair? any straight? and three of a kind, even if the made hadns on the flop are less likely, we're 200 bbs deep.

[censored], i'm spewy, but i'm sure as HELL not in love with getting it in with AA here, god bless your soul if you love it, i'd barely even like it.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yikes.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol? yes? guy is straightforward? he can have any two pair? any straight? and three of a kind, even if the made hadns on the flop are less likely, we're 200 bbs deep.

[censored], i'm spewy, but i'm sure as HELL not in love with getting it in with AA here, god bless your soul if you love it, i'd barely even like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, we're 100bb deep.

Also, I think we read gps thoughts about the villain pretty different. To me, villain seemed tilted and was tired of getting pushed around. Plus his line makes no sense. I can't see him have a set/2p/straight on the flop if he doesn't have a fd to go with it. Well - if he does - well played. Reload.

Folding AA here is ridiculous. T8 is close, but I'm probably folding.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:10 PM

oh i just assumed 200 bbs deep since it was 15-30, i don't pay attention much to details like that i just repond real quick. 100 bbs aces is a fist pump.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
put the guy on a range after he calls preflop then c/c's my flop bet
Old 09-08-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think so. he has a worse hand often and given that gabe has been very aggressive, there is a fair chance he gets called down by worse. also, there are 2 FDs on turn and i think it is better protecting your equity than trying to induce bluffs on the river.

as played, i think its a fold.