Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Re: TT in big multiway pot, how do you play it?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe so. But then I prefer to CR the field on this flop anyway.Since our equity has skyrocketed and we still get as many bets in as preflop. And we donīt have to check/fold a lot of boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

This assumes UTG will c-bet any2. How can you expect him to do that in a 4 or 5 way pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, this is my assumption not Apanages. Read his last 2 or 3 posts and what he's saying is that he'd C/R this flop no matter whehter a flop bet comes from early or late position.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:31 PM

Ok, I'm gonna bump this because I want to see more replies about whether to take a call/raise turn or 3-bet line.

And also because I'd really like to see Apanage prove that our equity has skyrocketed on this flop!
Old 09-06-2007, 05:40 PM

I like 3 bet to knock out UTG+1's overcards plus the fact that we dont want to risk the turn getting checked through if we go for a c/r.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:43 PM

Ok, I'm definitely not saying a 3-bet is wrong but do you think UTG should/will fold and do you seriously think this turn will get checked through with this lineup?
Old 09-06-2007, 05:49 PM

I'd 3bet for value and be happy for UTG to fold hands like AJ and KQ, which he will do provided we don't flash our TT to him.

UTG calling this 3bet even with AK is pretty questionable since his outs are tainted and vulnerable to redraws, he's not closing the action and has poor position to extract value if he does hit.

Just 3bet with your equity advantage and brace yourself to play poker on the turn and river.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I'm definitely not saying a 3-bet is wrong but do you think UTG should/will fold and do you seriously think this turn will get checked through with this lineup?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. It doesnt really matter, im happy to get in 1bb on the flop and maybe 1 on the turn although Id rather have him fold this flop. By calling hes almost certainly coming along, but he might fold for 2.

2. id rather not take that risk.

EDIT: I didnt realize that UTG was a tough 2p2'er. Now im pretty sure that he is folding most overcards for 2 more.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:54 PM

he's gonna fold any two suited broadways that currently have bdfds. also any other two unsuited overcards that made bad flop calls in the first place. there is no doubt in my mind he will fold all of these hands. calling two more is amazingly bad since tt is seriously like the worst hand in your range.

3-bet now to get those out and because 3-betting is going to help you play specifically against the button. if he ever wakes up, he has AA beaten. as of now i put him on like 55 or T9s or something, but he could have a set.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:06 PM

FWIW

UTG is me (LOL at good player!). I am pretty sure I fold the flop in the first place with hands like KQo, QJs no bdfd and other weakish overcard hands.

So the overcard range Hero wants to fold isnt that wide. If I have AKs with a bdfd I would be tempted to call 2 more bets, but prolly fold if I took the time to think about it.

As I remember the hand I had A8s with a bdfd and I was a bit surprised to see Michael not 3-betting the flop which I at the time thought was the best play.

BTW I disagree that there is no good turns for Hero. If he calls and the turn is a J or a Q he can check and see what UTG (me) does. He should know that I would bet out if and only if the turn helps me. So if he checks and I check he can safely raise a bet from the donk IMO - likewise if I bet a Q turn he can safely fold.

I still think its a 3-bet but I am not as confident as I initially was because the fact that Mvoss knows its me makes it easier for him to play the turn if he calls.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:21 PM

Ok, I actually posted the hand because I thought I may very well have misplayed it.

I did call the flop intending to raise a turn bet from CO (given that UTG hadn't bet) if a good card fell and I think there are more of those than the people who have posted so far in this thread do.

At the time I didn't see Oink folding a lot of hands to a 3-bet, his range should be rather heavily weighted towards overcards with a BDFD here, and I didn't think he'd fold any of those to a 3-bet, nor do I think he should. I also pretty much hated to see OTB cold calling.

I pretty much agree with what Oink said about the hand and I am leaning towards a 3-bet, but I don't at all think this is clear cut which is why I posted it. Maybe it is easy to better players, I'd just like for someone better than me to explain why the advantages of 3-betting the flop outweigh the advantages of waiting for the turn to raise.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:28 PM

overcards with bdfds have to fold the flop. A8s is the only one that probably stays.