Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 09:55 AM

Default Caesar\'s Palace Classic (LV) - 10/12-10/25

Caesar's LV is running the Caesar's Palace Classic for the first time starting on 10/12 with the $10K buy-in ME starting on 10/22. The ME has a guaranteed first prize of $1 million, so I'm sure plenty of people will show up for that. Here are the structures, which are better than the Bellagio in terms of starting chips and blinds:

https://www.harrahs.com/images/non_i...lindlevels.pdf

What do people think the crowds will be like for the prelims? The only other thing going on at that time is the WPT event in Barcelona, which I'm assuming will be rather poorly attended by the American pros, as the WPT Paris event was in the past.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Caesar\'s Palace Classic (LV) - 10/12-10/25

BTW it says the $10k event has 10k in chips and then below says 15k...wonder which is correct..?? I would guess 15k based on the other events....
Old 09-03-2007, 01:17 PM

I think there will be a decent showing for the prelims. I'm planning on playing the first two as I'll be in Vegas that weekend.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm planning on playing the first two as I'll be in Vegas that weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you notice the fine print that part of 1st place in the prelims is a seat in the $10k main event later? The way it is writen it sounds like they take $10k of your winnings and make it a non-refundable, non-transferable seat. Like it or not.

I was also planning on playing in the 1st event until I saw this.

Is this standard? Sucks I think.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:57 AM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

10k comes out before the prize pool is calculated which makes 1st place really top heavy
Old 09-15-2007, 01:51 PM

Just tried making a room reservation at Caesar's for this thing. Spent 1/2 hour on the phone, got transferred all over the place, finally determined that the poker rate is only available if the standard room rate is $399 or below, which it is not for most of the nights, so the poker rate is therefore not available. But there is no one person with all of this information, you have to piece it together by talking to multiple people. Totally ridiculous.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just tried making a room reservation at Caesar's for this thing. Spent 1/2 hour on the phone, got transferred all over the place, finally determined that the poker rate is only available if the standard room rate is $399 or below, which it is not for most of the nights, so the poker rate is therefore not available. But there is no one person with all of this information, you have to piece it together by talking to multiple people. Totally ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had no problem and even got comped on their current 3 night promotion. Final 4 days I will be staying at the Bellagio, but also booked Ballys (where I got the room comped to get the $400 cash they are also giving) That will pretty much make my week stay FREE!!! Damn, ya gotta love the Total rewards program. Now, I just need to win one of the prelims or the ME!
Old 09-15-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

stay at the bellagio 150 WD 220 WE and thank me later
Old 09-17-2007, 03:34 AM

How is he going to make 6 hours a day at Bellagio if he's playing the Caesars tournament?
Old 10-01-2007, 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How is he going to make 6 hours a day at Bellagio if he's playing the Caesars tournament?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you have rate there before you don't need to do the hours otherwise just bribe a floorman 10$ to put down a 18 hr session

Who is planning on attending this