Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 08-27-2007, 11:34 AM

Default low limit heads up LIMCASH

im sure this has been discussed but i couldnt for the life of me find it (take this for what its worth as i can never find anything using search so...)

im wondering what the lowest limit that can be profitable played heads up. i know there are lots of variables that change from opponent to opponent but im just curious what the consensus is as far as long term versus a variety of opponents. i have a pretty good win rate at 3-6 and 5-10 heads up but so much money comes off the table at these stakes relative to whats in play and what is available to be won that i wonder if it is sustainable and if these games are worth playing?

any opinions are appreciated,
matty h
Old 08-27-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Re: low limit heads up

The rake in heads up play is killer, only play on a site that takes a smaller fee for heads up, and even then , small stakes are probably not worth it
Old 08-27-2007, 01:42 PM

depends on the opponent. In heads up play, you edge can be quite large and overcoming the rake is pretty easy in that case. If your edge is small, then you are correct its tough to beat the rake.

"Is it worth it?" is such a vague question that your aren't going to get a straight answer. In a nutshell, I would say no, but that's just me. I would think of playing heads up at low stakes as good practice for improving your 6max game or moving up to meaningful stakes. You should be able to make decent money at 5/10 as long as you quit on any competent players.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:39 AM

by is it worth it i am asking if a decent win rate can be achieved considering the rake. it sounds like you think 5-10 is worth it but below possibly not and that 6 max may be more profitable.

thx for responses,
matty