Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Comm 40: I donk twice and get raised twice

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know who this lady is - I played a lot with her a couple of weeks ago. Reraise and call down. She's a complete spaz who does like to get her chips in there with seemingly no rhyme or reason.

FWIW, I would have jammed preflop and on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was she on tilt (not an uncommon theme) when you played with her? It sounds like it. Maybe Shawn has to give us that info because that obviously swings everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

She was stuck big (at least a couple of racks, but she had been losing before I sat down), but didn't appear to be going on crazy monkey tilt. She'd always have a decent hand to showdown, but she'd frequently call down a lot when it looked to me she was beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw her do so much weird stuff with seemingly no rhyme or reason that my plan became simple against her:

1. If I have a good hand, play a big pot.

2. If I have a marginal hand, keep the pot small.

You have a good hand. Who knows what she has, but play a big pot until the situation looks bleak - if you put in the 3rd bet on the turn and get re-raised, that would be the start of that time.

She was one of the worst players that I saw during my four days at the Commerce. She lost a ton.

Edit (for Shawn): You should not doubt my ninja hand reading skills, as per your previous experience when I was sweating you that one time.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:14 PM

Don't know her name, not even 100% sure she's the same lady, but she's the only 8 months pregnant white 30ish woman I've played with there.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The MPC, having thoroughly discussed this hand, has deemed it in such a state of disarray that it is impossible to decide where to even begin dissecting this abomination.

[/ QUOTE ]

This gimmick account is really not funny anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

The MPC is not here for your amusement. It exists to return credibility to these once great forums. Once you come to terms with this undeniable fact, you will thank us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone needs to go back to posting preschool:
[ QUOTE ]

Let’s take a look at the difference between a terrible reply, a bad reply, a good reply, and an excellent reply.

A terrible reply is one that offers no content. It remarks on how bad the poster plays without any indication of what the right play is or it insults the original poster.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-23-2007, 02:06 PM

Okay, I just got some sleep for the first time in a week. I have read all the responses now and given this a little thought. As far as preflop I think 3 bet is the standard but I don't mind the call since we can attack friendly flops and disguise our hand. We can also get away cheaply when we miss badly. If I just call here then I almost always checkraise the flop and then gas it until someone slows me down. I don't like a donk bet at all Shawn. If they both slide their cards into the muck you will feel robbed of the obligatory con-bet that so many players will make with hands like A9s or 77 or whatever. In addition, if the pfr has one of those hands he will often call and try to spike since folding looks weak and god forbid anyone ever wants to look weak at the commerce. If I do bet out I am almost always going to 3 bet and I am curious as to why you elected to stop and go?

Once you get to the strategic moment on the turn, the more I think about it, LMD is right. We have talked about this before and the speech+raise move means you are supremely fuucked. She likely plays the same against you that she does me given our similar conservative quiet white guy with glasses image. Maybe she played Sucker a little differently but I can't think of a single hand she can have here that you beat. If you tell me she shows you KQ I will have to reprogram my read on her so I think you can only hope it is AK for a chop and I am almost certain that she knows enough to 3 bet AK before the flop with her husband "the professional." So, she has a set of 4s here or KJ (yes I think she can coldcall that before the flop) like always. BTW, has she ever seen you bet/3bet the turn before after stop and going? It looks like that is your plan and when she raises to me it says she doesn't care if you do. Like I said before, I don't mind calling and then making her bet the river since she sucks at value betting and could very well check behind AK. If the board had a texture where you could counterfeit her 2 pair then this would be better but thats not the case here.

Can we get results now Shawn?
Old 08-23-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shawn. Didnt read other responses yet. I played with her for like 14hrs the other day. She is pretty bad but her biggest weakness is that she plays too passively. She also misses river value bets so often it is comical. After all her jabbering the other day there was like 3 sepearate times I wanted to say to her "where is the rest of your pot" when she checked behind hands that were clearly good. I think you can call the turn and fold the river against her for this reason although I wouldn't be sad if you just folded to her turn raise as bizarre as that sounds. I think you are beat and she doesn't have much game as far as free SD plays and stuff like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at Commerce this past weekend, I saw a brown haired regular from the Bellagio 15 and 30 games, I noticed she was pregers (hadn't seen her in a while) - the only thing that doesn't match is her husband, last I heard he was just playing low limit games and learning the ropes. If its the same person she plays like some odd Vegas grinders do, cold calling AKo or even AA/JJ is within her range (raises KK/QQ), in other words she plays what she thinks HPFAPs is advocating pre-flop but gets too tricky for her own good, and her understanding of the game texture/hand reading is flawed. I disagree with surfdoc about her ability to attempt a free-showdown, from my experience she overused that play but I agree she often missed river bets.

Overall I think we would agree that its safe to fold the turn based on her comment, vs this player type its usually for real, she wants to own you while staring you in the face - its an ego thing. Unfortunately I don't recall her ever talking much mid-hand so I cant add much more.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shawn. Didnt read other responses yet. I played with her for like 14hrs the other day. She is pretty bad but her biggest weakness is that she plays too passively. She also misses river value bets so often it is comical. After all her jabbering the other day there was like 3 sepearate times I wanted to say to her "where is the rest of your pot" when she checked behind hands that were clearly good. I think you can call the turn and fold the river against her for this reason although I wouldn't be sad if you just folded to her turn raise as bizarre as that sounds. I think you are beat and she doesn't have much game as far as free SD plays and stuff like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at Commerce this past weekend, I saw a brown haired regular from the Bellagio 15 and 30 games, I noticed she was pregers (hadn't seen her in a while) - the only thing that doesn't match is her husband, last I heard he was just playing low limit games and learning the ropes. If its the same person she plays like some odd Vegas grinders do, cold calling AKo or even AA/JJ is within her range (raises KK/QQ), in other words she plays what she thinks HPFAPs is advocating pre-flop but gets too tricky for her own good, and her understanding of the game texture/hand reading is flawed. I disagree with surfdoc about her ability to attempt a free-showdown, from my experience she overused that play but I agree she often missed river bets.

Overall I think we would agree that its safe to fold the turn based on her comment, vs this player type its usually for real, she wants to own you while staring you in the face - its an ego thing. Unfortunately I don't recall her ever talking much mid-hand so I cant add much more.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not the same person. This woman is a commerce regular for a very long time (at least 2 years) and is very talkative at the table. Unless I have the wrong 30ish preggo white woman.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not the same person. This woman is a commerce regular for a very long time (at least 2 years) and is very talkative at the table. Unless I have the wrong 30ish preggo white woman.

[/ QUOTE ]

that would explain why the husband story doesn't match, might have been two brown haired preggers (my gal is middle 20's, could be assumed she is 30 based on looks) this weekend.