Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 03:32 PM

Default Re: got levelled for 6k pot...but it worked out

[ QUOTE ]
before anything happens (being the nice person that i am) i turn to the guy and say "sir i know you probably made drunken mistake, let's work out a deal... i'll take 1k, you keep the rest and we won't run it"

[/ QUOTE ]

nh. way to cash in at the karma bank. excellent, excellent
Old 08-17-2007, 03:36 PM

This exact story happened at Hard Rock Tampa to a buddy of mine last week. He was playing the roll of the drunken guy except he wasn't angleshooting at all, just ordering drinks and having fun. He had raised preflop with KK and got called in two spots, the flop was K73 and they both checked to him, he made a standard c-bet on the flop, the first guy, IN TURN, said "I'm all in" which was a super massive overbet as both players were really deep and before the other guy got a chance to fold and for my buddy to call, he said "oh I was just kidding" and tried mucking his cards also. Obviously my friend starts going crazy and the floor comes over and gives the guy a WARNING. The supervisor that ruled against it was the manager that had kicked my friend out twice already so that obviously didn't help his cause... he really got [censored] in my opinion.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i turn to the guy and say "sir i know you probably made drunken mistake, let's work out a deal... i'll take 1k, you keep the rest and we won't run it"...and i show him KK... he looks at me and says " F*** YOU , run the cards" and shows me AA...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only part I really have a problem with. Sounds like he played role of a drunktard and found a way to get his $$ in as an 80% favorite. We've all seen people say or do things at the table to try and get their opponent to do what they want them to (be it call or fold).

I probably would not have thrown away KK either. But an earlier player said they would call w/ KK if Johnny Chan was sitting there stone faced. Really? Call $2800 preflop when betting went raise to $120, call then all in for $2800? You think a guy's going that with JJ?
Old 08-17-2007, 03:47 PM

this is beautiful
Old 08-17-2007, 03:59 PM

the funniest part to me is that the villain didn't have to do a damn thing to get hero to call. and his "[censored] you" just sets him up for a karmic kitn.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i turn to the guy and say "sir i know you probably made drunken mistake, let's work out a deal... i'll take 1k, you keep the rest and we won't run it"...and i show him KK... he looks at me and says " F*** YOU , run the cards" and shows me AA...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only part I really have a problem with. Sounds like he played role of a drunktard and found a way to get his $$ in as an 80% favorite. We've all seen people say or do things at the table to try and get their opponent to do what they want them to (be it call or fold).

I probably would not have thrown away KK either. But an earlier player said they would call w/ KK if Johnny Chan was sitting there stone faced. Really? Call $2800 preflop when betting went raise to $120, call then all in for $2800? You think a guy's going that with JJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

i was watching an interview with thomas walrus where chan did exactly this in a tournament with JJ. walrus raised to like 200 and chan moved in for 10k. against a drunk who open pushes i can't wait to get my chips in with KK for 150bb.