Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Newhizzle v Neverwin - dramabomb blog post

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[/quote

I been a member here for awhile and for some reason I was under the impression that all these young high rollers were cool. No matter how much cash he accumulates, that fatty on the left in the white tshirt is a lost cause. Hearing stories about droppin 100k at tables games and strip clubs is cool, but please stop posting pics of these guys as it really destroys the illusion for me. I went to archmere high school with some smart, nerdy classmates and even there these kids would have gotten beat up by the math team.

Someone point these guys to the nearest LAN party asap.

[/ QUOTE ]

and these are the same kind of guys that are overly critical about girls' looks, saying brandi is average at best and vanessa rousso is disgusting, etc.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:08 PM

^^^
welcome to teh internets.
p.s. u suck at quoting
Old 07-13-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some lawyer should form a practice following the poker circuit and helping people do simple things like create promissory notes and security interests in collateral.

[/ QUOTE ]

So whizz can be out the $$$ and owe a smart lawyer thousands of dollars to boot? Sounds good.

Can't really see the neverwins signing over collateral. YMMV. They borrow because they don't post collateral.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some lawyer should form a practice following the poker circuit and helping people do simple things like create promissory notes and security interests in collateral.

[/ QUOTE ]

So whizz can be out the $$$ and owe a smart lawyer thousands of dollars to boot? Sounds good.

Can't really see the neverwins signing over collateral. YMMV. They borrow because they don't post collateral.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are probably right. I've been around long enough now to not be shocked by this stuff like many in this thread. The thought does occur to me however that it is pretty amazing people giving such large loans to others don't appear to consider the possibility of making the debt legally enforceable. A few thousand sure. These are large unsecured loans between relative strangers. Does the thought of how I am gonna collect pop up at some point in even the sickest degen?
Old 07-13-2007, 07:26 PM

oh wow.. there's a sick fish sitting at 1000/2000, wanna take half my action?

sure.

ok.. just sign this form, and run it over to this notary public real quick. then we'll croak that guy!
Old 07-13-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh wow.. there's a sick fish sitting at 1000/2000, wanna take half my action?

sure.

ok.. just sign this form, and run it over to this notary public real quick. then we'll croak that guy!

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't take all that and even it did why not. Just a buzz-kill? One thing to go in on a couple racks of green for a shot at a 1/2 game or something on oral pledge but six figures? If asking for them sign a simple promissory note would kill the lending process or access to future loans then its a market worth skipping.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nath,

I think this 'Zoolander pose' idea thingy will be proven by history to be worse, in fact, than the 'letting a guy blow you one night' idea was.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Newhizzle's collection methods are laughable. At some point, you have to punch a guy like Dustin in the mouth. That point was quite awhile ago.

Think about it like this: You're dealing with a random guy who won't do something he should do/you want him to do. There's no reasoning with him. He's made up his mind that he's not going to do whatever it is you want him to do pretty much no matter what you do to him. He's decided you're a chump and he's going to ignore you. How do you impose your will?

The vast majority of people aren't equipped to deal with random guy who won't do what you want him to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lot of funny [censored] in this thread. Throwing out the picture of Artie ranks right up there. Definitely the man to imitate if youre looking to collect a debt.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nath,

I think this 'Zoolander pose' idea thingy will be proven by history to be worse, in fact, than the 'letting a guy blow you one night' idea was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a big fan of pile ons, but those are seven of the worst blue steel impersonations possible.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:12 AM

wait a sec.. wasn't there SICK drama between nath and shaun deeb? i guess they worked it out?