Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

Old 06-06-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: WSOP hand: Turned TPTK vs sudden heavy action

[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys think this is a closer decision if I either have a ton of chips/if I'm just down to one BB?

The guy I was most worried about here was the BB, FWIW. I definitely thought the SB could be betting a pair/draw type of hand that I could beat in a big pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you just have 1 BB its an easy call obviously.

If you have a ton of chips I tend to disagree with Nate tha great here and think that others will be playing tightly enough in tournaments that this is still a pretty easy laydown.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:54 PM

Default Re: WSOP hand: Turned TPTK vs sudden heavy action

[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys think this is a closer decision if I either have a ton of chips/if I'm just down to one BB?

The guy I was most worried about here was the BB, FWIW. I definitely thought the SB could be betting a pair/draw type of hand that I could beat in a big pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

One bet left = insta call.

Having a big stack is a bit different. First you hafta worry if sb will re-pop after you call. So are you calling just 2 BB for your 5 outer(assuming you are not good) or are you calling 3, 4, or even 5. And are you drawing dead? And what is your image......are players afraid of you because of the stack(is this even a consideration in LHE?)....are they likely to be making plays/pushing thin hands? Really, I agree that you probably should be scared of BB's raised based on your description of him. I think having a large stack makes it a easier fold than in your current chip position where winning the pot will increase your stack by a substantial percentage.