Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 02:46 PM

Default Ask Pokerstars Your Questions and See if Anyone Answers

Since Lee left as their poker room manager, there doesn't seem to be an official rep assigned to answer questions on 2+2. Maybe if enough posters ask serious questions that will change. I've seen questions recently about Paytru, and when new users will be able to sign up, and about real time software aids. So I think there is a definte interest and need for an official stars rep to answer some questions.

And if they don't intend to provide such a rep and answers again in these forums, then that needs to be made obvious as well with the corresponding negative hit to how their customer service should then be viewed, regardless of how good it is by email or was in these forums in the past.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Ask Pokerstars Your Questions and See if Anyone Answers

[ QUOTE ]
Since Lee left as their poker room manager, there doesn't seem to be an official rep assigned to answer questions on 2+2. Maybe if enough posters ask serious questions that will change. I've seen questions recently about Paytru, and when new users will be able to sign up, and about real time software aids. So I think there is a definte interest and need for an official stars rep to answer some questions.

And if they don't intend to provide such a rep and answers again in these forums, then that needs to be made obvious as well with the corresponding negative hit to how their customer service should then be viewed, regardless of how good it is by email or was in these forums in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure if he's been replying to every question, but Scottyy seems to be the man now:

FPP VIP WSOP Satellites
Old 05-31-2007, 03:07 PM

Bobo,

IIRC, Scotty only gives unofficial replies, mainly about tournament stuff, in order to help out fellow posters. Whereas Lee gave authoritative official replies, which is what most posters want.

However I would welcome Scotty posting in this thread and addressing the general topic of stars having an official rep here, and as well informing us of the identity of the new poker room manager.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:28 PM

Questions anyone? Scotty around?
Old 06-01-2007, 02:05 AM

Fair enough. I just noticed he seemed to be posting a lot more often, so I figured he might have taken over in that role. Perhaps he will respond and clarify.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:32 AM

Wouldn't it be great if PokerStars had an email address where you could send your questions like this and get them answered by an official Stars person?

Yep that sure would be a great invention.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:33 AM

Have you considered that your insatiable demands for more attention may be driving the site reps away?
Old 06-01-2007, 08:36 AM

Scotty can answer questions regarding the VIP program, as he runs that department.

Bryan also posts in the MTT Community forum regarding tournaments, as he's in the poker room management team.

They can't give you anything official outside of those areas. Everyone else who posts here (e.g, me) doesn't do so as part of their job (though part of my job does involve reading the forums). I have no idea on current/future plans for having someone post here like Lee did, so I'm afraid I can't help there.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:52 AM

I'm guessing the new Poker Room Manager will be announced once the person has relocated to the Isle of Man.

Post your questions and we will answer.

Scotty
Old 06-01-2007, 10:54 AM

Not sure why I'm chiming-in here but I just don't understand Bluff's issues with Stars.
They're present on these forums pretty frequently.

Just recently when their site was down PokerHostJacob was there to give us a couple updates.

Better idea: Try asking UB, Party or Absolute any number of questions and see if they EVER show up to respond.

Stars, FT and WSEX clearly do a much better job at keeping in touch with the 2+2 player-base than most sites and seem willing to address a variety of issues and customer observations.