Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 02:39 AM

Default Scary_Tiger\'s Log

My school term is ending, and I unless I somehow end up in a job, I'll have lots of free time to lift and run. Unfortunately, my diet's been really poor the past month or so, so I think in May I'm going to start using fitday again. My plan is to do full body workouts about three times a week, and fit in HIIT cardio on my off days when I have enough time and am not lazy.

I won't have measurements until I get home in mid-May, but I'm prototypical skinny fat, 15-20% body fat, around 170 pounds, and weak as [censored]. I tend to eat only two real meals a day, lunch around 11-2 and then dinner around 5-7. These tend to be bigger meals, around 800-1,000 calories. I'll also eat, but usually junk, around 10 or so, and I sleep from 3am-10am. Any snacks tend to be stuff like yogurt, baby carrots or mixed nuts. After I lift, I drink protein shakes, and if my diet has been fairly clean, I'll drink two scoops, but if I've been filling myself with all sorts of junk (e.g. four crunchwraps in a weekend) I'll just drink one scoop.

I'll put all my lifting stuff here, and probably the cardio. The nutritional stuff will likely stay on fitday. Out of curiosity, how many calories do people think I should be looking to take in?
Old 04-30-2007, 03:13 AM

Default Re: Scary_Tiger\'s Log

Before anyone can give you accurate caloric intake and scheduling:

-How old are you
-What are your goals
-How tall are you
Old 04-30-2007, 03:21 AM

I'm 20 years old.

My goal is to get less fat and weak. Let's say 10% body fat and be stronger.

6'0" tall.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:26 AM

Hmm.

HIIT is a good start, as are compound lifts (as I am sure you know), and your sedentary BMR is likely somewhere around 2200-2400 calories. A good rule of thumb is to eat 1g per pound of bodyweight per day, so that's 410 calories there if you were eating straight protein (obviously not possible).

You probably want to be at or around 2600-3000 calories per day while you are doing HIIT and an intense compound lift-centric workout schedule. The most important part is to eat multiple small meals throughout the day - ideally 4-6 meals that are appropriately timed (PWO shakes, a good breakfast, small snack before bed, etc).
Old 04-30-2007, 11:32 AM

When it comes to my diet I'm a lot more concerned with first getting to about the right total number of calories and macronutritional breakdown and then trying to break it down some, but it's very hard when I do things like eating out with people more than 7 meals a week.

Oh, and it's a good thing today is 4/30 and not 5/1, because it's chicken nugget day at the dining hall. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2007, 02:46 PM

Worked out today.

Bench Press
1x7x95
1x4x95
1x3x95

Standing Military Press
1x4x65
1x2x65
1x2x55

Comment: 65 pounds was too much, accidentally hit top of rack with bar on 4th rep of 1st set. 55 pounds next time to see how that goes.

Dumbbell Deadlift
2x12x90
1x8x90

Comment: Don't have much experience doing these, going to move to 100 next time.

Dumbbell Lunges

1x8x90
1x6x90
1x4x90

Comment: Still suffering from deadlifts.

Decline Sit Ups

1x12
2x6

Comment: Never done these before, felt strain on my back, is this normal? Lower back that is.

Lateral Pulldowns

2x8x80
1x6x80
4x6x50

Edit: There were no freaking chicken nuggets at the dining hall. The only things with meat in them was pork fried rice, bacon alfredo pizza, pepperoni pizza, chicken patty sandwiches and burgers. No hard boiled eggs even. (I ended up eating a large slice of pizza and two oatmeal raisin cookies. Yeah I eat healthy.)
Old 04-30-2007, 03:11 PM

who wrote your program? if it was you then go find a proper program with proper progression over time...

and why are you doing dumbell deads?

not crazy about doing decline situps...ive read better things and like swiss ball crunches if you want to do crunches, although doing reverse crunches or leg raises is probably better...or some combo of the two...

you should probably be making your own food if eating healthy is important to you...
Old 04-30-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you should probably be making your own food if eating healthy is important to you...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not feasible until I get home so I just work with what's available.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and why are you doing dumbell deads?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got proper form for bent knee dumbbell deads, I'll try to make learning stiff legged barbell deads a priority.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:11 PM

why stiff legged?