Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 04:45 PM

Default Re: The well: MTblue

[ QUOTE ]
Tips for starting a session well? Tips for ending a session well?

(I tend to start by losing and have to work my way up. And I tend to set $ that I need to reach to quit and that can be very frustrating)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really believe that you can control whether or not a session starts or ends well from a $ perspective. I try to get money in good against my opponents hand ranges and don't worry very much about the result.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tips for starting a session well? Tips for ending a session well?

(I tend to start by losing and have to work my way up. And I tend to set $ that I need to reach to quit and that can be very frustrating)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really believe that you can control whether or not a session starts or ends well from a $ perspective. I try to get money in good against my opponents hand ranges and don't worry very much about the result.

[/ QUOTE ]

so when you sit down you jump immediately into your style or do you play tight at first and gradually loosen up? if you're faced with a tough call on the first or second orbit are you more inclined to fold or make the call?
Old 04-17-2007, 04:50 PM

whats your opinion on bankroll requirements when moving up stakes?
Old 04-17-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your favorite live poker hand experience? (ie. against a famous WPT pro or something in a 50/100NL super deep cash game). or winning a super gigantic pot with a pure bluff.

some favorite 2p2 posts? (and links)

thanks for doing this!

[/ QUOTE ]

My favorite live game hand was in a shorthanded 50/100NL game. Folds to me in the SB, I raise A7s to 400 and Kido Pham 3bets me to 1200. I 4-bet to 3200. He calls pretty quick.

Flop is Kc Qd 9d (6400)
I check He checks

Turn is a 7h

I bet 4000 He tanks and starts asking me a bunch of questions. Remember Caro's book of tells, I start yammering a bunch of nonsense. He tanks some more, then Kido folds AA face up.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
your favorite live poker hand experience? (ie. against a famous WPT pro or something in a 50/100NL super deep cash game). or winning a super gigantic pot with a pure bluff.

some favorite 2p2 posts? (and links)

thanks for doing this!

[/ QUOTE ]

My favorite live game hand was in a shorthanded 50/100NL game. Folds to me in the SB, I raise A7s to 400 and Kido Pham 3bets me to 1200. I 4-bet to 3200. He calls pretty quick.

Flop is Kc Qd 9d (6400)
I check He checks

Turn is a 7h

I bet 4000 He tanks and starts asking me a bunch of questions. Remember Caro's book of tells, I start yammering a bunch of nonsense. He tanks some more, then folds AA face up.

[/ QUOTE ]

so did u show?
Old 04-17-2007, 04:59 PM

1) Where is this published and how do you know you're in the top 10?
2) Best ways you found to learn the game, and advice you would give to players trying to work their way up
3) How many tables would you play at a time?
4) winrates and/or graphs of smaller stakes
5) Best piece of non poker advice

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Its been repeatedly posted in the MSNL forum.

2) Play and play some more and understand the math behind the game not just basics like pot odds.

3) 6 is optimal for me but anywhere between 2-12 depending on the limits and the number of players at the table. I'll play 6 full 6 max tables at 5/10 and 10/20 and less tables if the games get short. I'll play between 9-12 tables at 2/4NL

4. At 116,000 hands at 2/4NL this year I've ran at 4.34 PTBB/100.

5. Do what you enjoy doing.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

so when you sit down you jump immediately into your style or do you play tight at first and gradually loosen up? if you're faced with a tough call on the first or second orbit are you more inclined to fold or make the call?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I don't recogonize any of the players, I'll play slightly tighter postflop. If I have to make a tough call, I'll go with my first impression of the player. If he's played tight solid for the first couple of orbits I'm inclined to give him credit. If he's looked loose and donkish, I'm more likely to make the tough call .
Old 04-17-2007, 05:04 PM

Your best piece of non poker advice is enjoy what you do

Do you enjoy playing poker?
Old 04-17-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

thats a ton of hours, specially if ur in school aswell. how do you find the motivation to play so much? and do you ever burn out/feel burnt out?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really enjoy doing it. I have burnt out before, but I see it as my ticket to financial stability so I've tried to maximize it while its at its best.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2) Play and play some more and understand the math behind the game not just basics like pot odds.

[/ QUOTE ]
you mean hand ranges, fold equity...

[ QUOTE ]
3)...I'll play 6 full 6 max tables at 5/10 and 10/20 and less tables if the games get short

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do you feel 6max is better than full ring?

[ QUOTE ]
4. At 116,000 hands at 2/4NL this year I've ran at 4.34 PTBB/100.

[/ QUOTE ]
Any players than ran better than this over 80K+ hands at this level or is that a good number to shoot for?