Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2007, 02:33 PM

Default i hate foxwoods (trip report and running bad report inside)

On a recent jaunt to foxwoods, I brought 20k to play 5/10 NL (and 10/25 if a good game was being spread but there wasnt) I was playing 5/10 buying in for the full amount and got repeatedly coolered over and over again.

This is all in an 8 hour period:

-QQ vs KK ai preflop against a drunk maniac who was raising 70% of hands.

This other young guy at my table who i think was 2p2 was in a pot with him, maniac raises, young kid reraises, maniac just cold calls from the sb. board is A 8 4, the drunk guy unbuttons his shirt collar in a deliberate fashion and announces "I have pocket jacks, and I'm all in." Then he shows two red jacks and tables them for everyone to see. There is a crowd of maybe 6 or 7 people around the table and nobody laughs, everyone waits for college guy to say something.

College guy stands up, looks at the jacks, sits back down, looks at his cards, and finally tosses them into the muck.

So naturally when I pick up QQ and I have a chance to isolate the guy soon afterward I think I have the [censored] absolute immortal nuts. oops haha

-TP2K with 2nd nut flush draw vs TPTK with nut flush draw (villain somehow misses a value bet here and i dont get stacked completely)

-ok i reload, 45 minutes later set over set (77 vs JJ on 2 7 J board, 1 limper in the CO, i raise my button, straddle calls the raise blind wheeeee)

(here i start steaming)

-AQ < AJ aipf against old man who was otherwise a nice gentleman (i think he told me earlier in the session "keep playin' tight, ull get 'em!")

-I have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on a J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] board, pot is 3-bet preflop, villain leads for half pot on flop, i shove, he tanks and calls with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and he doesn't have to sweat the two black 4 bricks that roll off for even 10 seconds.

Overall Im down 10k at this point. I contemplated playing pit games to chase losses since i was definitely in no mood to play poker anymore, but my ride told me that if i played roulette or put even $5 on blackjack he would leave my ass at foxwoods.

So he left me at foxwoods and I ended up making 1500 back and got a ride back from someone else. -8500 though. Good times.

Ok commence flaming and berating me please, teach me to run good again bbv.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Re: i hate foxwoods (trip report and running bad report inside)

Stick around until 10/25 - buy-in for 12k - problem solved.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:14 PM

but my ride told me that if i played roulette or put even $5 on blackjack he would leave my ass at foxwoods.

So he left me at foxwoods

awesome
Old 04-16-2007, 03:29 PM

hahaha agreed that getting left at foxwoods is B_A_L_L_A
Old 04-16-2007, 03:39 PM

Got stuck in a blizzard there last winter and had to hitchhike back to White Planes, NY with a total stranger and his girlfriend. It was me and my buddy (national boxing champ) and I think the girlfriend in the front seat was so upset her boyfriend would pick up a hitch hiker that she was almost in tears. Good times, good times.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:44 PM

lol
Old 04-16-2007, 04:25 PM

Losing 10k at the Foxwoods 5-10 is so depressing.

Like, wow, people there suck so bad, its like printing money. Sorry man.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Got stuck in a blizzard there last winter and had to hitchhike back to White Planes, NY with a total stranger and his girlfriend. It was me and my buddy (national boxing champ) and I think the girlfriend in the front seat was so upset her boyfriend would pick up a hitch hiker that she was almost in tears. Good times, good times.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, i guess the weather does get that bad from time to time up here. jeesh. what could you possibly do in that situation to put her unease to rest? sounds really awkward. hehe
Old 04-17-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-I have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on a J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] board, pot is 3-bet preflop,

[/ QUOTE ]

the pot is what?
Old 04-17-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-I have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on a J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] board, pot is 3-bet preflop,

[/ QUOTE ]

the pot is what?

[/ QUOTE ]

the hand is 3-bet preflop dum dum.
it means person A says "i raise" prior to the flop, person B says in turn "i reraise your wager sir" person A thereafter says "your wager ... has been called"