Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Re: 25/50 Full Ring unraised pot bottom set

c/c is definitly the best line, there are no real hands that will call a bet that you beat but a lot more that will bet in that spot.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I also have a feeling that the great player in the CO is roman/empire2000. Strassa's quote.

[ QUOTE ]
Great hand.

River is interesting (up until then it seems v standard). Roman is a very good player and I really like his game. If you check here, he will value bet pretty thin. Im not sure if he bets like QQ or something on the river, but he might? More importantly, he will bluff a shitton on this river when checked to.

Depending on the flow, I probably really dislike your river bet. Roman can A) Move in as a bluff, B) rarely call with worse. Plus if you check he will A) value bet an ace that he might fold with to your bet, B) Bluff, C) rarely call with worse.

Because good players have no fear value betting, I feel like you really dont lose that much value by checking is the bottom line because they will put in the money for you, and you avoid the trouble that is presented to you here. I hate when people take lines that avoid tough spots, but honestly here is a spot versus a good player that I might lean towards a more conservative line.

As played, I honestly have no idea what to do, I think I expect roman to bet on this turn with a flush most of the time. But its a chicken and egg type thing because he knows you will know that so he takes that into account but you also know that blah blah blah.

I find this spot really hard to bluff in though, but Roman is a very strong player and I dont put it past him.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

where is this quote from?

fwiw i think checking gets more value from more hands here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost an identical hand, except hero is HU in the http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=2#Post9866378 that hand.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:06 PM

check call is the worst way to play this hand. the heart draw go there and the double belly buster got there. so any bet on the river from the last guy to act is apt to be a value bet, granted he is more apt to value bet light since both streets are checked to him, however even still much of his range would love to check this down. so there are about no bluffs to pick of here, and the only sane draws both got there which could scare 1p and 2p hands from betting,

bet 500ish and fold to a raise. you can bet the pot if thats not too supsicious. or bet less if the 500 wont get called.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check call is the worst way to play this hand. the heart draw go there and the double belly buster got there. so any bet on the river from the last guy to act is apt to be a value bet, granted he is more apt to value bet light since both streets are checked to him, however even still much of his range would love to check this down. so there are about no bluffs to pick of here, and the only sane draws both got there which could scare 1p and 2p hands from betting,

bet 500ish and fold to a raise. you can bet the pot if thats not too supsicious. or bet less if the 500 wont get called.

[/ QUOTE ]

What worse hands call? If it is in fact Roman, he can turn it into a huge bluff which you cannot call. The only thing I'm hesitant about check/calling is that it's a 3 way pot and not HU which will reduce his bluffing frequencies; however, I'd rather c/f than bet/f.

*edit, but I'd rather check/call since you'll pick off all his bluffs plus he might even turn a made hand into a bluff such as top pair [censored] kicker*
Old 04-11-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

called by what? betting=bluffing here against a player of that caliber
Old 04-11-2007, 12:20 PM

i believe that in this situation, top pair or better will call a bet, and that no one is likely to bluff raise a bet here. i dont think more hands bet that call.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i believe that in this situation, top pair or better will call a bet, and that no one is likely to bluff raise a bet here. i dont think more hands bet that call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roman is definitely capable here of bluff raising here. I wish OP would tell us if it's him already. This quote; however, "CO is arguably one of the best fullring players in the world." implies that he is definitely capable of bluff raising.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
c/c is definitly the best line, there are no real hands that will call a bet that you beat but a lot more that will bet in that spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a very weak line, but you can't win a monster with every pot. It's damage control, he'll bet more often than he calls here with a weak hand, but with a strong hand he'll raise you regardless. It might go ck-ck and you show the best hand down.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:34 PM

no point in bluff raising really, hero himself has indicated that by his bet hes reping greath strength or a bluff himself. not often enough is he bluffing here to bluff raise on such a non obvious baord. and i dont think that villian will bluff raise after he checks the turn, thats kinda retarded.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:36 PM

Having it get checked down and hero showing down the best hand is way better than betting and then having "arguably the best FR players in the world" bluff raise us off our hand. This is especially relevant IMO since we did limp in UTG+1 and lead out on an otherwise crappy board. Our play (this is a 100NL player talking fwiw) wreaks of 33.