Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: $16 DS: HU much deeper than usual

[ QUOTE ]
okay, I must not be understanding this right.

Why is it so imperative to raise pf?

Why should he check the turn for "pot control" reasons. This board is so draw heavy. Plus, it's a large pot by the turn. I hate giving a free card here.

[/ QUOTE ]

97s is a very versatile hand that can hit lots of flops, plus aggression is good preflop in this game with these stacks. I kinda agree w/ handsome about pot control. You have position here and dont have to bet and you really dont know if you are giving a "free" card or not because you could already be behind. If you are ahead, then odds are decent that you will stay ahead and even if he does catch you wont get busto by calling his river bet as it shouldnt be so large.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:20 PM

I play preflop and the flop the same way. On the turn I bet half of the pot to try and keep it a bit smaller but not giving yourself a chance to take it down right there, it might price him in on a draw but that's still what I would do. On the ugly river you have to call now that the pot is so large. Had you bet less on the turn you could fold if villain went all in. Against a clown with such small blinds you can afford to be bluffed and wait for better opportunities. Speaking of which, why the hell are the blinds so low?
Old 03-17-2007, 01:55 PM

PF: Is this always a raise and always horrible to just complete? What about with 15x-20xBB stacks?

Flop: Not clear on the consensus here (as played). Flat call, or raise?

Turn: Everyone says check. What if stacks were twice the size they are now and pot size was the same? Always a check no matter what against any opponent?

River: Does anyone fold this as played? Obviously I'm checking behind if checked to.

What hands would you be playing fast like this rather than going for pot control? AK on an A/K high flop? TT+ on this flop? J8 on J high flop? Q7 on Q high flop? A8 on 8 high flop?
Old 03-17-2007, 02:40 PM

I don't think that a complete PF is bad at all. Preflop heads up with big stacks it's impossible to know what is best since heads up is so much about feel and rhythm. It's hard to say what is the best line throughout the entire hand due to that as well. One thing that I think is certain is that the you should do your best to keep the pot smaller that way you give yourself more options on the river instead of having pot committed yourself for a hand that you'll likely lose.