Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2007, 01:13 AM

Default dan heimiller, complete douche?

who's watching the PPT? i dont know if this is a new or old episode but corkins pushed in with QQ and nguyen was making a decision with 88. then heimiller, not involved in the pot, calls the clock on nguyen before any decent amount of time has passed and defended it by saying "the blinds are going up, and i'm posting next" or whatever. the tournament director didnt allow the clock to be placed and nguyen eventually called and was busted out.

nguyen (i don't know his first name, but its not one of the more famous ones) was an incredible gentleman, and while he was obviously pissed at the time the clock was called, he didn't have any choice words for heimiller. wow i would of had some words to say.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:21 AM

Default Re: dan heimiller, complete douche?

It's a rerun. It was Phi Nguyen. Heimiller then had karma catch up to him, as they moved John Juanda to the table and Juanda knocked Heimiller out on a sick beat.

Heimiller's website is kind of funny, though. He's apparently the only person to ever win a WSOP bracelet (2002 in 1/2 Holdem, 1/2 Stud), a WCOOP bracelet (I think it was Omaha/8 in the first WCOOP), and a $10/rebuy on Stars.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:33 AM

His final table shirt with a DanHeimiller.com logo was choice attire.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:41 AM

Especially since DanHeimiller.com is a rather amateurish website that looks like something he made himself. He's kind of funny though and comes across much less nitty and douchey than he did on the episode.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Heimiller's website is kind of funny, though. He's apparently the only person to ever win a WSOP bracelet (2002 in 1/2 Holdem, 1/2 Stud), a WCOOP bracelet (I think it was Omaha/8 in the first WCOOP), and a $10/rebuy on Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh wow, amazing. I'm the only person to win the $10 rebuy on stars, a $30 6handed tournament on UB, and also a $130 tournament at caesar's palace. worship me.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:00 PM

I don't think he's a douche, but that he just got so focused on his own situation he didn't realize he was crossing an ethical line, which is easy to happen. IIRC, a couple other players at the table told him what a dick move it was after the hand, and he seemed contrite about it.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:05 PM

With the exception of Mark Seif, watching the Dan Heimiller was the worst part of the PPT. I really can't stand this guy.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh wow, amazing. I'm the only person to win the $10 rebuy on stars, a $30 6handed tournament on UB, and also a $130 tournament at caesar's palace. worship me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damnit!!! I just need the 6 handed tournament on UB and I'm on par with you. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he's a douche, but that he just got so focused on his own situation he didn't realize he was crossing an ethical line, which is easy to happen. IIRC, a couple other players at the table told him what a dick move it was after the hand, and he seemed contrite about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are being very polite. For two hours a week we are being bombarded about how these are the best of the best and all that crap. He knew exactly what he was doing and and for a seasoned pro it was highly unprofessional.

Maybe not a complete douche but that was a major douche moment.