Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who will win more championships?
Lebron 48 54.55%
Wade 37 42.05%
The will win the same # 3 3.41%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2007, 08:12 AM

Default Re: Best Mario Kart Game

[ QUOTE ]
M64 was a letdown. The single player mode was absurdly easy to beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true, but it's not like SMK was massively difficult either, except for possibly 150cc special.

But who buys any incarnation of Mario Kart for the single player anyway? That'd be like saying Metroid Prime 2 stank because the multiplayer was awful.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:02 PM

i think its 64 but its close.. multiplayer double dash is a blast.. i think double dash is greatly underrated, but i really dislike the lack of shortcuts, but love the new items brought to this game also different carts.. 64 is solid all around.. also when are they going to limit the blue shells those are so frickin gay..
Old 01-29-2007, 09:21 PM

I've been a huge fan of the last two, and never got to play SMK (always wanted to, but I had a Genesis).

64 is incredible. So many fun shortcuts when you know what your doing, love the jump in Koopa Troopa Beach, Wario Stadium, bunch of others. The big negative is the A.I. catches up when you are ahead, and the item selection is terrible. When your racing 2 player G.P. (best way to play any MK game) second can get stars and lighting bolts, and first will only get bananas. The item system is terrible as 2nd should not even have lighting bolt or star as an option.

The 64 battle mode REALLY kicked ass. Me and my buds used to spend forever on block fort and the elevated one where you could fall through the middle.

DD: Fixed the items to give out more fair ones (aweomse). Took out the hop (annoying). Shortcuts not nearly as elaborate or rewarding as 64's. This is where DD falls short, the courses are great, but the shortcuts mainly suck in comparision to 64. Shortcuts should be difficult, but ultimately rewarding if you can pull them off. Liked how the power slide was more rewarding (seems like it speeds you up more than in 64.)
Old 01-29-2007, 09:40 PM

couldnt agree with jah more.. spent hours with friends in battle mode on 64.. hardly play battle mode at all on gamecube although ghost house is fun.. but nintendo obviously did not intend battle mode to be a primary focus of DD.. the hops do suck but pretty easy to combat by shooting shells at it.. also it just makes u have to drive better and takes some laziness out of the game.. i like the track layouts and baby park is a blast, but honestly does anyone like dry dry desert
Old 01-29-2007, 09:44 PM

dry dry desert and dino island make me want to just not even play the game.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:53 PM

yeah yoshi island blows too.. they should have just had a 50 lap baby park instead
Old 01-29-2007, 10:22 PM

add wario park to the list
Old 01-29-2007, 10:54 PM

Forgot a couple "pros" for DD. I love how every "place" has a different point value. It sucked in MK64 knowing if you couldn't get 4th no point trying to get 5th since 5th-8th was no points. That helps a lot. Also all tour mode was a nice addition so you can play one long 2 player GP and really have room to see who's better.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there is a limited arcade release of mario kart. im not saying that this is the best or even compares to some of the MK's. infact it sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played it too and it's horrible, waste of gameworks credits [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] It's very kiddy aswell.

Mario Kart DS is the best of the series for me.
Mario Kart is all about multiplayer and the DS with online play has made it really easy to play against friends nomatter where they are in the world... or even some random japanese dude.

Hoping for big things from Mario Kart Wii.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:51 PM

MarioKart64 is great because of the 4 player action. This edges out SNES MarioKart. Both of these games are much better than doubledash.