Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2007, 12:23 PM

Default 3-6 limit badugi

Limit mix game at the Bike. Table is sociable-psyco-agressive. MP and Button are 'A' poker players, but I don't know their badugi experience.

MP limps, limp, Button limps, SB folds, I raise the BB with 8642b. Call, call, call.

I'm pat, MP draws 2, limper draws 1, Button 1.

I bet, MP raises, fold, Button re-raises. How do I think about my hand?
Old 01-22-2007, 02:22 PM

Default Re: 3-6 limit badugi

Assuming he's even drawing live, 5 outs gives him a lower Badugi, 5 outs gives him a worse Badugi. You're not breaking this!!!
The question is not whether you continue, but how, right???
Can you get this mad MP2 along for the ride by calling now, then leading the next round?

You want to get your value from the 'dead' hand, because I think you're 50/50 against button if he pats. what his 3-bet means is difficult to say, but you say it's aggressive. Play to keep MP2 calling bets in the middle if possible.

If you lose MP2, then it's probably pat vs pat, in which case you need to evaluate your opponent and decide how many bets to put in.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:45 PM

Against most players a cap now will allow you to safely bet-fold third.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:00 PM

300/600 I assume but slightly confused because Bike generally doesn't get these games? I would cap it and lead and then make a tough decision if raised on the next street whether to call down or not.

-DeathDonkey
Old 01-23-2007, 09:53 AM

hard to imagine button having you beat since he didn't raise predraw with his one card draw, which leads me to think his initial draw was pretty rough? if anything it is very possible button improved to a good 3 card hand. i would be more concerned over the mp at this point before i would of the button.

anyways i would cap and lead and probably call down if i am popped again. basically i would never break or fold though.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:14 PM

I call the re-raise; MP calls.

Pat; pat; pat.

I check; MP checks; Button bets; call; call.

Pat; pat; pat. Check; check; check.

As Button checks out the last round, he says, "If I was called in two places on the last round, I'm beat."

I show my 8; muck; muck.

Button's comment well illustrates the plight of the badugi player. He may have been rough, but if he wasn't, he was drawing so thin that it was difficult to break a losing hand.

I misplayed this hand in many ways. The business of limit poker has to be extracting bets, and I did a poor job of it.

In retrospect, I like DD and CDC's lines of play. I don't really have a big problem with my bet/call after the first draw, but I needed to lead or check-raise the next betting-round. The only thing my opponents knew about my hand was that I was dealt a budugi. The median dealt badugi is a JT, and I had way better than that. I needed more information about my opponent's holdings, and the only way to get it would be by betting.

MP commented that he lost the minimum amount possible on his hand, and I have to agree with him.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:50 PM

Realize that if you don't jam here, you'll never have the chance to reraise with like a king badugi and get someone to break. They will put you on the nuts or nothing and play back at you accordingly.

-DeathDonkey