Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: 27t: TPTK vs reraiser

[ QUOTE ]
I fold to the PFRR.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno if I agree with this.

Have sng's gotten that gey in the past month?
Old 01-21-2007, 01:01 AM

I think folding to PFrr might be correct, and its obviously right against some players. I don't really have any mental profile yet for a "typical 27t player" so I wasn't sure what my flop plan would be.

In retrospect since I'm check folding any flop with no A or K, folding pf sounds like the best move, especially because of reverse implied odds when I hit a king and can't get away against a better hand.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold to the PFRR.

[/ QUOTE ]

NIT! But your advice is prolly good 99% [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ok, but folding is one option. But calling is for me mandatory, if i feel that I`m the better player. Fwiw, pls don`t make these "i am not sure about my hand- raises"...
either limp or make it 80-120 PF. If he reraises then to 360 you might consider folding/pushing depending on villain.ü

Ok on the flop you simply have to get it in in the 27$ unless futuredoc, GKA or i (in the past... are your opponents.

To the flop: if you think he`s on a FD you should put him all in now. If you think he`s holding QQ like you might call and try to get another bet on the river from him.

But one thing you should never consider here: FOLDING. If he has AA you are supposed to go broke here. Its a sng. and as futu said, if you are not felting this flop you should fold pf. You can`t get a much better flop.

hope i could help you a bit,
Hercules

P.S.: Maybe it can help you to play less tables when moving up/taking shots. The play in the 27$ is significantly better than in the 16$, as far as i read threads here. You might wanna consider that.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:10 AM

i would often play it the same way that you did (and c/r AI on flop), sometimes folding to the RR PF, occasionally shoving, depending on villain.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:22 AM

btw...leading this flop is horrible, unless you play against me, because i have a auto donkbet-raise button.
You`re just folding out to many hands if you lead.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:23 AM

Hercules:

1) being the better player with AK can't always compensate for them having a better hand than you and position

2)thats not an im not sure about my hand raise. Sure sometimes I make it 80 or 100 but it's just not necessary, especially since I'm suited and don't mind as much if it's multiway. When I first started playing the party 11s, AK was the nuts, but I remember at some point I had an "aha!" moment when I realized you don't need to play AK for stacks all the time, even if it is a sng, especially when it's 10/20 and you have 1500. Frankly, I posted because I was wondering if I really did "have to get it in" and I'm still not sure.

3) on flop, I don't think he's on a flush draw. I also don't think hes on QQ. If hed bet 250 I'd probably put him on QQ exactly, but his bet looks to me like: "I have the best hand, I'm gonna bet 3/4 pot now and then push turn and double up"

As far as moving up/taking shots, I was a 55/77/109 regular at party but am starting over from the beginning on stars, I think I'll be ok though you're right that I should slow down until I see how well people play (I was 19 tabling at one point yesterday!)
Old 01-21-2007, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold to the PFRR.

[/ QUOTE ]
And if you call you need to stack off here.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hercules:

1) being the better player with AK can't always compensate for them having a better hand than you and position

H: Depends. JJ and QQ are better hands, although only
slightly. With better player i simply mean that you don`t donk off your stack with AK when you don`t hit. But many "bad players" play for stacks with QQ on a K-high flop. you can easily take advantage from that.

2)thats not an im not sure about my hand raise. Sure sometimes I make it 80 or 100 but it's just not necessary, especially since I'm suited and don't mind as much if it's multiway. When I first started playing the party 11s, AK was the nuts, but I remember at some point I had an "aha!" moment when I realized you don't need to play AK for stacks all the time, even if it is a sng, especially when it's 10/20 and you have 1500. Frankly, I posted because I was wondering if I really did "have to get it in" and I'm still not sure.

H: Sry but your "suited" gets a lol. You don`t wanna play a multipot unless you are good in hitting straights and FH. Raising 60 is bad. Its bad with AK and its bad with 27o. If you wanna play multi, pls limp and you`ll prolly see a limp festival. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Otherwise you "degrade" AK to a something like 67s.
Exspecially in a sng you should play AK for stacks on that flop. If not, fold PF...

3) on flop, I don't think he's on a flush draw. I also don't think hes on QQ. If hed bet 250 I'd probably put him on QQ exactly, but his bet looks to me like: "I have the best hand, I'm gonna bet 3/4 pot now and then push turn and double up"

H: Don`t read to much into betsizes etc. Your opponents are most of the time not thinking. They can litterly do this bet with everything. Felting AK in this spot is in the long run +EV. Thats a fact.

As far as moving up/taking shots, I was a 55/77/109 regular at party but am starting over from the beginning on stars, I think I'll be ok though you're right that I should slow down until I see how well people play (I was 19 tabling at one point yesterday!)

[/ QUOTE ]

H: I can tell you that much out of my experience. As far as i remember there are many good regs in the 27$ where you might consider folding AA on the flop (although only few). But with the time you`ll see on Pahud who these ppl are. And latest when they stack your AA with a set. But there are also so many donators who have no clue at all. So basically there`s a lack of medium skilled players.
But i could be wrong. Was a little time since i played them.

Ok, gl so far. If you played 109 on party you should have no probs on stars 27 obv.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:35 AM

Yeah so I folded flop and wasn't particularly upset about it, and in the future will fold to the reraise oop with no read.

also, 60 pf is fine, as is 70, 80, 90, etc.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:14 AM

maybe I'm missing something... Folding AKs preflop to the rr here vs an unknown seems nitty beyond comprehnsion to me. You have the best hand more often than not.

Is it because you're playing so many tables and just want to make flops easy to play?