Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Need help

[ QUOTE ]
What is the best site for rakeback?

When you say tight, what kind of VPIP are we talking about for full ring and 6-max? We'll be starting at 0.50-1.

[/ QUOTE ]
I only play 6-max, so I'm not sure about full ring. But there's probably an average of three 20%-25% VPIP (which is arguably ideal) players at every 6-max table. If there's on particular super-fish at a table, then the rest of the table is going to be a bunch of TAGs.

Best site for rakeback? Not much of a difference, really. I'm at FTP and I enjoy the site. The sign-up bonus took me about 15K hands to clear at the $.50-$1 level (I think). But rakeback makes a HUGE difference. Playing 20K hands a month with FTP's 27% rakeback yields an extra $700 or so a month.
[ QUOTE ]
Also...I didn't mention in my PM, but have your buddy practice judicious table selection...biggest pots, most players to flop, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is also very important, or else he's likely to end up at a table where everyone's VPIP is under 30%.
[ QUOTE ]
Of course this thread spawns this, but I can't resist. Are the games at Stars that much jucier than at FTP. I play 1/2NL at FTP, and there seem to be plenty of donks for the taking. RB + datamining = yay. No resizable tables = nay.

[/ QUOTE ]
I played at PokerStars a week ago to clear the $150 reload bonus, and there IS a noticable difference, but not enough to switch me over (unless I had Supernova right off the bat, which I don't). Even though I can 9-table instead of just 4-table without overlap there, rakeback is just too much better. Can't wait for FTP's resizable tables though!
Old 01-05-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Help my horse (and me)

Matt,
if your buddy is playing full ring, he is likely to run into 3-4 set miners/ nut peddlars at every table from 50NL to 200NL. Most of them are easy to play against, ie not tricky at all postflop. PokerAce HUD is definitely worth it IMO with pokertracker as well. Reviewing sessions in pokertracker is just so sweet.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:29 PM

Wow, is this really the 100000000th "FT or Stars???!" post. Op should know better
Old 01-05-2007, 07:32 PM

FTP is great. Between FTP and Neteller I was able to clear a xxxx cashout with less than 36 hours between cashout and the money hitting my bank account.

As far as I know I haven't run into any bots. There's only one that I was suspicious of though since his name was "TestBot," or something and he called my all-in with A-high in a 250BB pot. His time between actions was always the same. Are people that stupid to make that their screename though?

Anyway, as for setfarmers, they aren't bad if you can spot them. They are really stripping away the portions of poker that make poker profitable and differentiate good players from bad players. They aren't allowing themselves to make mistakes but are relying on the mistakes of others. Everyone makes money on sets, it's those who eek out profits in between sets that are the allstars. Therefore, if it means just one less person at my table to worry about, then I don't mind a set farmer at all.

The play on FTP has been really really fishy as of late, and ABC poker works fine. I'd strongly recommend that your buddy reduce, if not eliminate bluffing from his game. It's usually spew. If you can't get someone to fold a mediocre overpair bluffing is the wrong direction to go, there's just too much value in your big hands.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No resizable tables

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably the biggest reason I don't play at FTP. Seems stupid, but I don't have two monitors (yet).
Old 01-05-2007, 07:39 PM

OP is a newb. jk Matt.

My view on Stars and Full Tilt:

Stars: check/call, check/raise, check/call, check/raise, check/call, check/raise

Full Tilt: hero raises, villan # 1 re-raises, villan #2 4 bets, hero pushes, villan #1 calls, villan #2 calls. Hero shows AK, villan #1 shows 55, villan #2 shows 66.

Stars= no rakeback, but decent store, and best customer support by far and there's not a close 2nd

Full Tilt= $600 bonus that takes a while to clear + rakeback, but have a reward store that they actually charge you to get stuff from with your points that cuts into your rakeback
Old 01-05-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the best site for rakeback?

When you say tight, what kind of VPIP are we talking about for full ring and 6-max? We'll be starting at 0.50-1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two I looked at for rakeback - which I don't have damnit and I'm not sure what to do about but thats a whole nother damn subject - are:

www.raketherake.com
www.thisisthenuts.com

They both offer I think 27% on FTP. I've been playing FTP just a couple of weeks (used to play on Party pre them running away little a scared little girl) and I have found some of the games are WAY too tight for my liking. Seems like 6 max is a little more looser but I've even sat in 6max where VP$IP is like 15% - and thats with me contributing 40% lol. Seems like you can find suitable games but you have to look for them sometimes.

I use PokerTracker and PokerAceHUD and they're great - PokerTracker helps a great deal and using the notes feature to note what you did well or badly in sessions helps too.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:43 PM

Some people like PokerOffice, some like PokerTracker. If you are of the opinion that PokerTracker *was* the best, you are still going to like it better than PO.

Having PT and not having an overlay program is like marrying Ms. America and never touching her.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:45 PM

Have your friend play 6-max instead of full ring. It will be beneficial to him in both the short and long run.

Also, Full Tilt is just as soft, if not softer, than Stars at the limits you mentioned.

If he plays on Full Tilt, it is IMPERATIVE that he sign up with an affiliate that pays 27% rakeback.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Having PT and not having an overlay program is like marrying Ms. America and only touching the top half of her.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]