Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 11:43 AM

Default small PP OOP

5/10 6max, 5handed.

Hero has 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG.
Hero raises, CO 3bets, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls.

CO is a lagTag 32/24/2 (over approx. 1000 hands), he runs very good, but seems to make some amazing river suckouts despite having a WtSD of only 38%. About ten hands previous to this he 3bet my UTG raise with KQo, from UTG+1, and spiked a Q to take down my AKo. He overvalues certain holdings, such as small PP's and will coldcall a range of suited aces from late position. He seems to be making a habit of 3betting me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Hero check/calls, and calls down turn/river combo of 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Any thoughts? I actually ignored a read which bums me out and probably cost me 1BB.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:56 AM

Default Re: small PP OOP

What hands do you beat here, an AQ-AT bluff? Just because villain sucked out a few times does not mean he is playing like an idiot. With this small pot OOP, I really dislike your calldown.

Flop is a tough decision between call and fold, but I wouldn't think twice about ditching it on the turn UI.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:05 PM

Well, I think your calldown here is fine if you think this fellow is the type to bet AQ-AT/77/55/44/22 all the way (and this is not uncommon among aggro players).
Old 12-06-2006, 02:01 PM

I think the way you played it, check calling, is not a good way to play this hand. What Villain showed down illustrates exactly why.

Had you bet every street, Villain would have been hard pressed to call. He would not have raised anywhere. You will usually win this hand by betting, it would have cost you no more than check/calling had you lost, it will make you harder to read when you bet, and if you had gotten raised anywhere, you could have folded and saved some money. If you had gotten raised by a flush draw, se la vie. It would have come in 35% of the time anyway and you can't win them all.

Maybe some other line like check/fold would be even better, but I think check/calling is definately not the best way to go here.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
5/10 6max, 5handed.

Hero has 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG.
Hero raises, CO 3bets, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls.

CO is a lagTag 32/24/2 (over approx. 1000 hands), he runs very good, but seems to make some amazing river suckouts despite having a WtSD of only 38%. About ten hands previous to this he 3bet my UTG raise with KQo, from UTG+1, and spiked a Q to take down my AKo. He overvalues certain holdings, such as small PP's and will coldcall a range of suited aces from late position. He seems to be making a habit of 3betting me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Hero check/calls, and calls down turn/river combo of 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Any thoughts? I actually ignored a read which bums me out and probably cost me 1BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

that K on the flop puts you way behind his preflop 3-betting range. Plus, you are UTG and he's got to give you a credit for a real hand.

I'd check/fold this flop.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:16 PM

I don't like it at all on this board. Most flops containing an A or a K I'm going to c/f. Even if he's 3 betting you somewhat light, these cards still hit a huge amount of his range.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:17 PM

i'd 3bet you light too if you always called me down with [censored] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2006, 07:12 PM

I would have gotten out on the flop, player seems decent and he probably isn't 3-betting A high just to isolate you and then betting down the whole way.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd 3bet you light too if you always called me down with [censored] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], same thought occured to me after as well...
Old 12-07-2006, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like it at all on this board. Most flops containing an A or a K I'm going to c/f. Even if he's 3 betting you somewhat light, these cards still hit a huge amount of his range.

[/ QUOTE ]