Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Re: *** GS Warriors 2006-07 Thread

Cuban really doesn't write about the NBA anymore, but his blog his blogmaverick.com
Old 04-23-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
link to cuban blog?

also, even though I'm a big W fan, I can't help but think that we got lucky that Dallas had piss-poor shooting + baron got white-hot

[/ QUOTE ]

Warriors only shot 43%, to the Mavs 35%, and both about the same from three land.

It was Harrington or Jackson that said the Warriors didn't play all that great and they still won the game. They started out ice cold, 2-14 to begin the game.

They're defensive scheme worked great against Dirk, as soon as put the ball on the floor he immediately got a double team so he couldn't pivot and shoot his fad away.

J rich had a poor game, and Ellis didn't do much either and they still won on the road against the leagues best team, playing a more half court game.

Very encouraging of course any way you look at it...but ya Dallas isn't going to shoot 35% again in this series.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:12 PM

Yeah, Warriors played a damned good game to close out it. Both teams started ice cold. The difference was the Mavs finished ice cold and the Warriors picked it up at the end.

Dallas had the opportunities, though, and if they would have hit their open shots and layups it would have been a much different game.

Looking forward to the next 4 games! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2007, 08:22 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]

Looking forward to the next 3 games! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-23-2007, 08:29 PM

PITTM,

Its not like I don't believe your GS love but there is like 2500 posts in the NBA thread, where the hell were you then, I don't remember you making one post in that thread? I am just saying it is weird that all of the sudden we find out you are this huge GS die hard homer.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PITTM,

Its not like I don't believe your GS love but there is like 2500 posts in the NBA thread, where the hell were you then, I don't remember you making one post in that thread? I am just saying it is weird that all of the sudden we find out you are this huge GS die hard homer.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol - this reminds me of all the Clipper bandwagon-ing last season. (Not so much on this board but in life.) All of a sudden everyone's a diehard Clipper fan...

OH YEAH WELL WHERE THE HELL WRE ALL U GYS THIS SEASON HUH? I'VE SAT THROUGH SOME HORRIBLE EFFIN' GAMES THIS SEASON SO WHEN WE'RE GOOD AGAIN NEXT YEAR YOU GUYS CAN SRSLY GO F YOURSELVES.

Sincerely Bitter We Didn't Make The Playoffs,
-Al
Old 04-23-2007, 08:47 PM

Go little Ellis guy. He's fun to watch, and I love Baron Davis of course.

I have all the right to bandwagon the Clips though. In the 90s, I went to the Sports Arena 8 times before I got to see them win. Rodney Rogers was a beast. So yeah, I can hop on and off that bandwagon as much as I want.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:56 PM

Also, I liked GS way long ago so don't call me a bandwagoner. I started liking them like... three or four games into their 9-1 streak to finish this season.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:24 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

i dont post in the nba thread because in all honesty im really not very interested in the nba. I am pretty much only a warriors fan. I probably watched 50ish games this year and went to 4. I have probably went to 20ish games in the past 4 years. When they traded away Dunleavy and Murphy and got Harrington and Jackson i got super excited and really got into it again. I didnt post in the nba thread because the nba means "hey, lets never talk about the warriors because 90% of the nation barely realizes they exist". I wish i was just bandwagoning, because ive been a diehard Giants, 49ers, and Warriors fan my whole life and since 1994 things have been pretty miserable.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:25 PM

well... i went to 5 warriors games, 2 pretrade 3 after.. so my homerism is allowed ;p