Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games

Old 04-17-2006, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Sunday Turbo WWII Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This game drove me nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me, too, I thought the villagers were gonna lynch 2/3 wolves in the first two turns and then have plenty of time to find the last wolf. But certain seemingly good players have this tendency to "want to keep wolves around" for information and then get killed before they can tell anyone the information they've gathered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keeping the wolves around is a TERRIBLE startegy. If you think someone is a wolf, in almost all circumstances, you must attack them instantly. Because people die, and then suddenly the population no longer wants to vote this obvious wolf out 2 turns later.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:54 PM

it was really my fault... i kept trying to skim through the thread and decide between meben, traz and stat boy as the last wolf, but the patrick/chim people kept going with it. i just didn't manage to put it together fast enough.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, that is true. But that was sent immediately afterwords. Once I thought about your options a bit whether you were a wolf, or a non-wolf, I realized my lynching didn't mean anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least when kyro sent me a PM saying he wasnt a wolf, I said I wasnt quite sure I believed him, but if it was true then GL to him! I was honestly only like 60-80% sure that he was a wolf but the accusation he made of me was totally absurd and was IMO the final nail in the coffin, or at least it should have been.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it was really my fault... i kept trying to skim through the thread and decide between meben, traz and stat boy as the last wolf, but the patrick/chim people kept going with it. i just didn't manage to put it together fast enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Early on, when two people fight with each other nonstop, its often orchestrated by the wolves, and they are both innocent. The entire goal of the wolves is to get 2 people together and have them fight with each other, so that it seems like one of the two must be wolves. THIS IS THEIR ENTIRE STRATEGY PRETTY MUCH!! You shouldn't be surprised when this happens game after game and neither of the two are wolves.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:02 PM

aye, we botched that one up big with patrick/chim
Old 04-17-2006, 02:06 PM

curtians,

i know, that's why i kept looking through the thread. i thought meb was really suspicious because of a few comments jared made, plus he had started the whole patrick suspicion thing, and made some bizarre comments. stat boy was a little more in the background with his "lets get kyro later, first patrick then chim" line.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Early on, when two people fight with each other nonstop, its often orchestrated by the wolves, and they are both innocent. The entire goal of the wolves is to get 2 people together and have them fight with each other, so that it seems like one of the two must be wolves. THIS IS THEIR ENTIRE STRATEGY PRETTY MUCH!! You shouldn't be surprised when this happens game after game and neither of the two are wolves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember the early STTF game where GreekHouse and Pergesu were fighting constantly?
Old 04-17-2006, 03:23 PM

I didnt follow the early ones unfortunately...
Old 04-17-2006, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I didnt follow the early ones unfortunately...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was agreeing with you
Old 12-02-2007, 02:07 AM

statboy owned me hard here