Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 02:32 AM

Default Re: BBV, best rap song of all time?

TROY is an excellent beat, but Still D.R.E. works in almost any situation.

Other really good beats(maybe not in such a good song):

We already did the best West Coast and old school NY ones, but:

50 Cent- Patiently Waiting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J63M...eature=related

Not a great song, though

Take some Big and some Pac and you mix em' up in a pot
Sprinkle a little Big L on top, what the [censored] do you got?

is a pretty nice line.

I have a tremendous soft spot for T.I.s 24s beat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F8R5...eature=related

But I did misspeak. Still D.R.E. is at best #4.

T-2 Fire It Up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1IM6dc5nPc

T-2 How Many Wanna
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzXjfGCHULQ

#1 Industry Groupie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyzPqAKD6Ng
Old 11-28-2007, 02:34 AM

i dont think this is the best, but it's certainly not to be [censored] with

odb - brooklyn zoo
Old 11-28-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think the distinction is this:

hip hop culture

rap music.

account on stars: homeydontplaythatJ7off

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know what he was getting at. But basically the whole concept of a hip hop culture is pretty absurd as well. It was a term coined by Afrika Bambatta that was largely largely viewed as retarded for over a decade, until corporations starting tapping into this idea of an artificial pseudo-culture in order to sell people shoes and hamburgers and whatever else. Oh yeah, and so people can call themselves 'hip hop historian's and find a niche to make a dollar. Culture isn't something you artificially construct, it organically develops and manifests itself.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

hip hop culture

rap music.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know what he was getting at. But basically the whole concept of a hip hop culture is pretty absurd as well. It was a term coined by Afrika Bambatta that was largely largely viewed as retarded for over a decade, until corporations starting tapping into this idea of an artificial pseudo-culture in order to sell people shoes and hamburgers and whatever else. Oh yeah, and so people can call themselves 'hip hop historian's and find a niche to make a dollar. Culture isn't something you artificially construct, it organically develops and manifests itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

while i dont think its the authority, have you read Jeff Chang's Can't Stop Won't Stop?

I think it addresses the idea of a culture being created. If anything, its american culture, just as much as jazz is part of american culture.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

hip hop culture

rap music.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

while i dont think its the authority, have you read Jeff Chang's Can't Stop Won't Stop?

I think it addresses the idea of a culture being created. If anything, its american culture, just as much as jazz is part of american culture.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the book you talk about but haven't read it. Does he agree or disagree with me?
Old 11-28-2007, 02:45 AM

tupac-hit em up
gets me pumped everytime
Old 11-28-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

hip hop culture

rap music.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the book you talk about but haven't read it. Does he agree or disagree with me?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd say up until the point that "hip hop" was coined only as some sort of corporate maneuver. the different 'elements' (i always feel silly saying that) of the all inclusive were not always part of some unified whole, but came out of, according to change, political/social events that drastically changed the lives of the middle and lower class in new york city.

in other words, it was the result of turmoil that these things came together, bambaata coined the term, but the events were still already going on.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

hip hop culture

rap music.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i re-read what you wrote, and so in a sense, yes, he agrees with you, but leans towards the idea that it wasnt some kind of slippery guise to sell [censored] to people.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As of this moment, it is:
Pete Rock & CL Smooth - They Reminisce Over You (TROY)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8Yzzn5uBzU

[/ QUOTE ]

this song is so hot
Old 11-28-2007, 04:43 AM

seriously BIG- juicy is such a bbv song why doesnt everyone just agree