Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy

Old 11-24-2007, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Bluffing in SnGs

[ QUOTE ]
bluffing is more fun than folding amirite?

[/ QUOTE ]
when it works!
Old 11-24-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bluffing is more fun than folding amirite?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-24-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, basically you are saying people should call SB raises and bluff A/Kxx flops? Ok, insightful post.

Also, I think punishing the SB limpers early in a sng is giving away EV in the late stages. What I mean is that by the time the blinds get big, the SB will have realized your strategy. I would rather let him think his SB completes will go unpunished and allow him to continuously give me free flops in position with my trash hand early. Then, when the blinds get big, I'll start punishing him making his completes a much bigger mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]
Amen!

Depending on stack sizes, I also will wait and let the villain make the obligatory flop min-bet and take that away with a bluff raise.

And (of course), against some opponents, I'll turn things around and be the one limping and bluffing the flop.

The other common bluff I run at SNGs is to raise a bet from an OOP player weakly leading into me when I raised pre-flop, regardless of whether or not I connected with the flop. Most of the time they give up immediately. It's safe to assume I have notes on who leads with made hands and who makes weak leads into pre-flop raisers.

Jeff
Old 11-24-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, basically you are saying people should call SB raises and bluff A/Kxx flops? Ok, insightful post.

Also, I think punishing the SB limpers early in a sng is giving away EV in the late stages. What I mean is that by the time the blinds get big, the SB will have realized your strategy. I would rather let him think his SB completes will go unpunished and allow him to continuously give me free flops in position with my trash hand early. Then, when the blinds get big, I'll start punishing him making his completes a much bigger mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, maybe the opponents in your game make different adjustments than those i face at ongame 20-50 $ limits. i think a lot of them will just see that you re aggressive in some sort of way and will fear you a bit more which will result in less blind steal attempts not only from the sb but also from the other positions (most of them arent multitabling and it s 5 max). regarding punishing them later i think there might be some truth in it but it s not like you can just take their money everytime they do it.
i dont want to be seen as the total nit you can bully around which is a terrible image to have in sngs imo and i think these cheap moves might help.
and regarding the bluffing k or a high boards against aggressive players, what would you do adjusting to these people raising you every time from the sb?