Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

View Poll Results: When you are driving, and a cop pulls in behind you, do you feel:
Served and protected, or 2 13.33%
apprehensive? 13 86.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Official November Thread: General Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
I just made a ridiculously spewy call down trying to be like my hero aejones. I now feel like ipokeder, [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

for my fans

Poker Stars, $10/$20 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: $400
BB: $2,101.50
UTG: $1,970
Hero (MP): $2,147
CO: $2,177
BTN: $5,430

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $80</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $255</font>, 4 folds, UTG calls $175

Flop: ($540) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($540) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $480</font>, Hero calls $480

River: ($1,500) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $1,235 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $1,235

Results: $3,970 Pot ($3 Rake)
UTG showed K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Threes) and LOST (-$1,970 NET)
Hero showed A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a pair of Threes) and WON $3,967 (+$1,997 NET)
Old 11-22-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last night I was out at a bar with friends in town for thanksgiving, I had to talk about poker with a lot of people, an exgirlfriend asked me how much I make from poker, I told her I didn't want to say, then added, "but its more money than i'd ever thought i'd make at any other job in my entire life" haha oops, not sure how that came off.

I always end up trying to downplay poker but I think it just makes people more curious, and then I'll end up saying something dumb because I still feel like I have to prove myself. Oh yeah also before we left to go to the bar we talked about how my friends and their parents joke about coming over to my house to watch TV and use all my cool stuff before it gets repossessed because I lost everything.

[/ QUOTE ]
i was at bar last night and there was a debate about something so i looked up answer on my iphone, guy i kinda know from high school was like 'is that one of those apple things?? OH YEA THATS RIGHT I WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL WITH A BUNCH OF RICH KIDS' and i said 'whatever man i bought it with my own money' and he said 'what do you do?' and i said 'i play poker' and then he laughed and this story sucks
Old 11-22-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just made a ridiculously spewy call down trying to be like my hero aejones. I now feel like ipokeder, [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

for my fans

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $80</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $255</font>, 4 folds, UTG calls $175

Flop: ($540) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

UTG showed K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Threes) and LOST (-$1,970 NET)
Hero showed A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a pair of Threes) and WON $3,967 (+$1,997 NET)

[/ QUOTE ]

while i wouldn't say this is standard, it's also not super-impressive.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

for my fans

UTG checks, Hero checks

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what if i told you it was vs twin then would you say it was standard?
Old 11-22-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

for my fans

UTG checks, Hero checks

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what if i told you it was vs twin then would you say it was standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

haven't played against twin in a while but he's so spewy i can't imagine it's that hard a call especially since he would jame big pairs preflop every time.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:31 PM

yea i meant that it was even more standard than you thought
Old 11-22-2007, 02:48 PM

you are quite the player aejones ill give you that
Old 11-22-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Last night I was out at a bar with friends in town for thanksgiving, I had to talk about poker with a lot of people, an exgirlfriend asked me how much I make from poker, I told her I didn't want to say, then added, "but its more money than i'd ever thought i'd make at any other job in my entire life" haha oops, not sure how that came off.

I always end up trying to downplay poker but I think it just makes people more curious, and then I'll end up saying something dumb because I still feel like I have to prove myself. Oh yeah also before we left to go to the bar we talked about how my friends and their parents joke about coming over to my house to watch TV and use all my cool stuff before it gets repossessed because I lost everything.

[/ QUOTE ]
i was at bar last night and there was a debate about something so i looked up answer on my iphone, guy i kinda know from high school was like 'is that one of those apple things?? OH YEA THATS RIGHT I WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL WITH A BUNCH OF RICH KIDS' and i said 'whatever man i bought it with my own money' and he said 'what do you do?' and i said 'i play poker' and then he laughed and this story sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

The best way I've found to deal w/ these situations is the following: Buy a pimp ass watch and wear it when you go out. This way people already know you make a very good living and when they ask how much you make, you won't have to validate yourself w/ a real answer. These days I usually just go w/ "I've been fortunate" or "I've done pretty well for myself to this point" or something like that that doesn't come off as to over the top....
Old 11-22-2007, 02:50 PM

Full Tilt Poker, $5/$10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players

Hero (SB): $1,130.25
BB: $1,881.25

Pre-Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $30</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $70</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $110</font>, BB calls $40

Flop: ($220) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($220) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $150</font>, BB calls $150

River: ($520) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $870.25 and is All-In</font>, BB calls $870.25

Results: $2,260.50 Pot ($0.50 Rake)
Hero showed 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a flush, Ten high) and WON $2,260 (+$1,129.75 NET)
BB mucked K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Threes) and LOST (-$1,130.25 NET)
Old 11-22-2007, 02:52 PM

Sucks to lose when you have the nuts.
Closed Thread