View Poll Results: white or dark meat?
white meat 88 46.56%
dark meat 79 41.80%
i like both almost equally 18 9.52%
i dont like turkey 4 2.12%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2007, 02:25 AM

Default Re: Official Mizzou VS KU football thread

I really Think mizzou can win this one. I played against Chase Daniel in high school and he just wins.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really Think mizzou can win this one. I played against Chase Daniel in high school and he just wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

"We lost to Chase Daniel in high school."

By far the best argument for who will win this game
Old 11-21-2007, 02:45 AM

KU has the 7th ranked defense in the country, i don't see why people are saying that mizzou is gonna roll all over them. also, its supposed to be pretty cold on saturday. high of 39 last time i checked if that changes anything.

this might force mizzou to run the ball more and KU has a pretty solid run defense
Old 11-21-2007, 02:58 AM

KU without the curse I'd expect to lose 55% of the time. With the curse, I expect them to lose 99.99% of the time.

The more I read about this game, I don't see why this game isn't THE RIVALRY and not Ohio State v. Michigan. Probably because nationally this is the first time this game has mattered in about forever and this is coming from someone who lives in Kansas and will root for neither (KSU all the way!)

Seriously though, Missouri by a TD is what I think. Lol at Mangino out-coaching anyone KUJustin...dude had like 3 or so road wins in 4 or 5 years before this season. Pinkel is an awful coach though, so it's a wash IMO.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why this game isn't THE RIVALRY and not Ohio State v. Michigan. Probably because nationally this is the first time this game has mattered in about forever

[/ QUOTE ]
So you don't see why, then proceed to say exactly why?
Old 11-21-2007, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
KU without the curse I'd expect to lose 55% of the time. With the curse, I expect them to lose 99.99% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Would that be the SI curse or the BCS #2 curse?

With neither, I would think Kansas would win 55% of the time, which is why I have money on them to win straight up. With both curses though I figure I might as well have flushed that cash down the toilet. If SI doesn't get 'em the BCS will. Sad.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Would that be the SI curse or the BCS #2 curse?

With neither, I would think Kansas would win 55% of the time, which is why I have money on them to win straight up. With both curses though I figure I might as well have flushed that cash down the toilet. If SI doesn't get 'em the BCS will. Sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

both
Old 11-21-2007, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol at Mangino out-coaching anyone KUJustin...dude had like 3 or so road wins in 4 or 5 years before this season. Pinkel is an awful coach though, so it's a wash IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, he's won 3 out of 4 against KSU and MU and 2 of 3 against Nebraska. These are the games that "matter" when your team isn't in contention for anything more than a crappy bowl game. And it's not just that he wins them, it's that usually afterwards fans on both sides find themselves saying Mangino outcoached the other team.

Also, you mentioned that Pinkel sucks, but I just wanted to confirm that his road record wasn't exactly showing up Mangino's coming into this year.

By the way, there are rumors that our AD offered to pay for surgery for Mangino and he declined. They aren't from particularly reliable sources, but it just makes sense they would've offered, and Mangino's refusal is the only explanation I can come up with for why it hasn't happened.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The more I read about this game, I don't see why this game isn't THE RIVALRY and not Ohio State v. Michigan. Probably because nationally this is the first time this game has mattered in about forever and this is coming from someone who lives in Kansas and will root for neither (KSU all the way!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Until MU hired that degen Quin Snyder (btw, Bill Self was among the finalists for that job), they were pretty competitive in basketball. Norm Stewart before him was a great coach and even got honored at KU after his retirement (they gave him a chair alluding to the "Sit down Norm" chants). Back then the rivalry was pretty interesting though Kansas obviously still had the upper hand.

By the way, as you'll read in this week's SI, Norm Stewart refused to ever spend a dime in Kansas and had his bball teams stay in a hotel just across the border. Pretty funny stuff. I'll admit that I never stop in Columbia when driving through Missouri because I don't want any of my money going to them.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, as you'll read in this week's SI, Norm Stewart refused to ever spend a dime in Kansas and had his bball teams stay in a hotel just across the border. Pretty funny stuff. I'll admit that I never stop in Columbia when driving through Missouri because I don't want any of my money going to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, that Mizzou Tax they have there in Columbia is a killer. WTF are you talking about? Norm refused to spend a dime in Kansas because any money spent in Kansas helps the college, which means you can't spend any money in Missouri, period.

Now, if you had said that you don't like stopping in Columbia because it smells like a horse's ass, that's different.