Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2007, 09:01 PM

Default *OFFICIAL* Phillies NL EAST CHAMPS offseason thread!

Whatever happened in the postseason, gotta say great season and great finish. They even replayed that game against the mets at the end of the four-game sweep and I watched the whole thing. Easily the best game of the year imo..

Anyway, so whats next for the phils? There have been a few minor transactions, Nunez and barajas were cut (barajas is gay)

As far as offseasons go, the phillies are never the best team to watch. However, this looks to be one of the best offseasons in a while.

Here are the things pat gillick could do that would give me a little chub:

trade for miguel cabrera or D-TRAIN (this would make me very happy)
sign mike lowell, mo rivera, a-rod (lol), re-sign aaron rowand, sign/trade for chad cordero

I am sure there other good players out there but this is just off the top of my head.

Regardless, the phils obv need to get stronger at 3rd base. If we did that, we'd have the sickest infield in baseball, easily. I'd like to sign a good reliever and hopefully move myers back to the rotation.

Also I read somewhere, the phils front office is ready to move the salary past the 100 million mark. Will be interesting to see what they do as lots of contracts are expiring or will be soon, and the payroll is only at 87 million right now.

anyway, I know im not the only philly homer here, discuss.