Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 75 70.75%
(8) Diamonds Are Forever 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 07:38 PM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

[ QUOTE ]
4) Another scandal in the making? Several people, including some top online pros, have been suspecting a bot infestation at the 30-60 limit games on UB. This has been reported repeatedly to UB support, and ignored. Supposedly a UB sponsored pro (not Hellmuth or Duke) has also taken this concern to UB, and also has been stonewalled. Perhaps the scariest part -- the suspected bots have abruptly vanished when this AP scandal hit its peak, around the time when AP said a third party auditor would be looking at their system.

[/ QUOTE ]

druff this is mostly inaccurate.

its a fairly involved situation and the discussion proly doesnt belong in this thread.

heres a quick outline:
1) alleged bots at 50/100 hu lhe tables. you can ask mr. gatorade about these guys as he supposedly has a foolproof way to find them and convinced many reputable ppl.

2) i noticed some very suspicious activity in the 30/60 lhe ring games. thru monthes of datamining i noticed that 4 players had identical stats over all major categories. style of play was unorthodox too. worse, they had played approx 5 hands together despite playing a combined 100k hands in the last few monthes. basically, they were the highest volume players in a very small player pool and never played with each other and all played exactly the same.

whatever, i tell some ppl and harass them a bit and now they chat a lot and, incidentally play a lot better. my guess is the operator just plays the whole time which sucks since he plays better than the bots.

3) you say [ QUOTE ]
Perhaps the scariest part -- the suspected bots have abruptly vanished when this AP scandal hit its peak

[/ QUOTE ]

this is completely false as i played with one of the 30/60 accts today and have seen the 50/100 bots periodically last couple days
Old 10-19-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are all of you guys saying Absolute has to come clean, yada yada yada? What is the goal? Is there any set of circumstances that would get you to play at Absolute ever again?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the goal is to validate the long-held implicit understanding that if a site ever screwed its players like this then it would go down. In an unregulated, trust-based market, it is our only recourse to help ensure a fair game.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:39 PM

Im not in the slightest bit surprised the PPA has done nothing. The only thing I've seen come from the PPA is the fact they fleeced hundreds if not thousands of poker players cash off of them.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: Further evidence. I would play my button against him, sit out then go to another table. He kept following me around for a few days before "he" realized what was going on. LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome back Grimmstar, we missed ya.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps the scariest part -- the suspected bots have aburptly vanished when this AP scandal hit its peak, around the time when AP said a third party auditor would be looking at their system.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow at this statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

druffs statement is wrong here.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:42 PM

I may have missed this being posted earlier, but here's the latest MSNBC.com story (not associated press, their own story) and its on the front page of MSNBC right now:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21381022/

By latest, it says it was updated at 7:14 EST. Also it is the main story, not sure if it has been for awhile. Last time I had checked this thread this "geek" story wasn't out yet.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:43 PM

DanDruff pretty much captured my sentiments on the PPA.

sheets
Old 10-19-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps the scariest part -- the suspected bots have aburptly vanished when this AP scandal hit its peak, around the time when AP said a third party auditor would be looking at their system.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow at this statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

druffs statement is wrong here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, as I said, it was thirdhand information.

Maybe this won't be another scandal. I hope it isn't. I've had all I can handle for right now.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why are all of you guys saying Absolute has to come clean, yada yada yada? What is the goal? Is there any set of circumstances that would get you to play at Absolute ever again?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the goal is to validate the long-held implicit understanding that if a site ever screwed its players like this then it would go down. In an unregulated, trust-based market, it is our only recourse to help ensure a fair game.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES
Old 10-19-2007, 07:44 PM

Honestly, I'd rather the PPA stick to fighting the legislative/regulatory fight rather than policing the industry. I think the only good the PPA can do in this situation is to control how this story is spun in the press and to policymakers.
Closed Thread