Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How often do you climax during sex?
never 7 3.83%
rarely 4 2.19%
sometimes 10 5.46%
often 11 6.01%
nearly always 53 28.96%
always 98 53.55%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2006, 04:35 PM

Default Re: CHI/ARZ Thread

[ QUOTE ]
tug,

You have no clue about football it seems.

A retarded monkey could have put them on autopilot on they would have won. Bears O sucks. Run/run/run/punt should be v v standard when up by 20 with 1 Q left.

They made up a 20 pt deficit in 15:02 without an offensive score.

[/ QUOTE ]

Run/Run/Run/Punt is going to save them from 3 quick strike scores in 15 minutes? Without some of these passes they're losing both field position and time run off the clock. How much easier would it be for the Bears to score on offense when they're punting the ball from their own end zone because they can't gain any yards running the ball?
Old 10-18-2006, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still wondering what is with the guys on Boldin's nuts? He's a #2 WR that had a big game when the #1 was out. He's not the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have displayed a very impressive absence of knowledge of all things football in this thread. keep it up!
Old 10-18-2006, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm still wondering what is with the guys on Boldin's nuts? He's a #2 WR that had a big game when the #1 was out. He's not the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have displayed a very impressive absence of knowledge of all things football in this thread. keep it up!

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a troll. We should stop taking his posts (at least in this thread) seriously.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:53 PM

MT2R,

[ QUOTE ]
I readily admit this is a Bears town, first and foremost. They have good support. However, when the team is bad, they become a non-entity by the fifth or sixth week of the year.

I readily blame the fans for the team's patheticness over time as well. They love "Bear football." What that entails is an excellent defense (nothing wrong there), but very little regard for the offense in general. There is a desire to have the offense come out on the field and eat up clock to shorten up the game. The only thing the fans want to see is the defense. It's a big reason why the Bears have been the most unimaginative offense year over year (at least right up near the top). The fans constantly get what they deserve, because they love "Bear football."

Since LSU won the national title a few years back, I don't know of another fanbase that is so cocky with so little recent winning history. The fans seriously think they are among the elite franchises in the NFL...ROFL.

They have that South-siders edge to them. In other words, they're the type to goto a bar and look to pick a fight. That's why a guy like ditka is forever an icon. Forget that he was most likely intellectually overmatched for his job. He was a tough hombre who could be mean as hell. He's still a god in these parts. Nevermind the complete underachievement, he had the one year.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't get how you can make a lucid argument about matchups and strategy in one post, and then in your next say something so insanely wrong. Your first paragraph is the most offensive. You've LIVED in Chicago. How can you state that Bears fans curl up after a few weeks of poor results? Bears jerseys aren't currently being taken out of closets, they were worn every bit as much two years ago when we were 5-11. Take a look at the waiting list for season ticket holders, compare it to other NFL franchises, and make a note of what true fans look like.

The second quoted paragraph is less offensive but just as stupid. As if the fans themselves should be held responsible for the roster and strategy of the team? Plus, as someone's already pointed out, there's no lack of desire for a functioning offense on MY part, I can say with certainty. We'd love to win every game 100-0, rather than 24-23. But history has proven that solid defense wins Superbowls, and if the salary cap requires we choose a side... what the hell do you care which we choose?

What's an "elite" franchise, btw? If it's one with an extensive history, real rivalries, and best current chances at a Superbowl victory then we are as elite as you are retarded. Tell me what Arizona has to distinguish itself as a franchise.

I don't know what picking a fight has to do with Bears football. There's only one poster in this thread picking a fight, and he's an Arizona fan. I know for a fact that the only reason you threw Ditka in your post was to round out the instigation. Props to you, I guess. But ftr, Ditka revolutionized the TE position.

Keep your Whopper-covered-fingers outta the Bears threads. These are good people. Let them be happy.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:57 PM

Since this thread is still alive and I just stumbled across this semi-amusing recap of the game, I'll go ahead and post it here.

Matt Leinart just led the Cardinals to TWO first quarter Touchdown drives!! He is writing his own HOLLYWOOD SCRIPT for WONDERFULNESS, and Hollywood is appropriate, because he IS from the OC, you know.

Matt Leinart is the GREATEST quarterback EVER!! He's like Johnny Unitas, Joe Namath, Bart Starr, and Joe Montana, all wrapped up in a pretty bow!! And he's so HANDSOME with his five o'clock SHADOW, and he's from "the OC", you know!!

Dennis Green is a coach's coach. He has TRANSMOGRAPHIED this Arizona Cardinal team from perrenial losers to DOMINATING THE NFL's best BY SHEER WILL ALONE!!

Oh, Chicago did NOT know what they were getting into!! How HORRID they must feel!! They might NEVER recover from a loss like this!! Lovie Smith will have his work set out for him the rest of the season

Brian Urlacher is DOMINATING the Cardinals in ALL FACETS of the game!!

Brian Urlacher is the GREATEST middle linebacker OF ALL TIME!! He's like Dick Butkus and Mike Singletary ALL WRAPPED INTO ONE HORRIFYING MONSTROSITY!! Oh, Oh, OHHHHHHHH URLACHER!!

Devon Hester is DOMINATING this game with his SPEED and AGILITY!!

Devon Hester is the GREATEST punt returner OF ALL TIME!! HE'S like Deon Sanders, ONLY BETTER!! In fact, I know Deon, and Deon knows Devon, and I bet Deon Sanders is TEXT-MESSAGING DEVON HESTER RIGHT NOW, AS I AM SHOUTING THIS MEANINGLESS COLLECTION OF DRIVEL AND OVEREXHUBERANCE!!

Lovie Smith is a coach's coach. He has TRANSMOGRAPHIED this Chicago Bear team from perrenial losers to DOMINATING THE NFL's best BY SHEER WILL ALONE!! These guys are BETTER than the 86 Bears!!

Oh, Arizona did NOT know what they were getting into!! How HORRID they must feel!! They might NEVER recover from a loss like this!! Dennis Green will have his work set out for him the rest of the season.

Oh wait, Matt Leinart is more than just the greatest quarterback of all time, a Hollywood movie in the making, dreamy with his scruffy goodness, and tough as nails, HE MIGHT VERY WELL BE JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF!! Jesus had a beard, as I recall. He also led a group of men, 10, 12, same difference. Jesus overcame 40 days in the desert, without food, haunted by temptations from the DEVIL and Matt Leinart overcame 40 FOOT TALL MAN-EATING GRASS to defeat Notre Dame by CHEATING (albeit piously)!! And Jesus WALKED ON WATER which is the functional equivalent of DRIVING THESE CARDINALS BACK AGAINST THE BEARS FOR A GAME WINNING FIELD GOAL!! Oh, and Jesus was from Nazareth, which is not far from "the OC."

This is the kind of comeback win that will MAKE THE CARDINALS SEASON and possibly turn the ENTIRE TEAM into [censored]-EROTIC ANGELIC BEINGS WITH MAGICAL POWERS FOR ALL TO SEE!!

That guy missing that kick HAS TURNED THE BEARS INTO A TEAM OF DESTINY WHO WILL MARCH FROM AN UNDEFEATED SEASON INTO THE ANNALS OF NAPOLEONIC GLORY BY taking over the WORLD and doing the unthinkable.... WINNING A LAND WAR IN ASIA IN THE WINTER!! LOVIE SMITH=HANNIBAL SMITH!!
Old 10-18-2006, 06:57 PM

kevkev,

Well put, but as long as the bears are 6-0 all anti-bears trolls are welcome.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:59 PM

BUMP!
Old 10-09-2007, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How can you state that Bears fans curl up after a few weeks of poor results? Bears jerseys aren't currently being taken out of closets, they were worn every bit as much two years ago when we were 5-11. Take a look at the waiting list for season ticket holders, compare it to other NFL franchises, and make a note of what true fans look like.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahahha....you just PMed me that the season is likely over a few days ago....hahahahahahahaha
Old 10-09-2007, 02:06 AM

thought this thread approached 1k posts as well, weaksauce
Old 10-09-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BUMP!

[/ QUOTE ]
i thought it was pretty fascinating that tonight's game was a total bizarro version of last year's game. Last year Arizona, the massive underdog, played well offensively, but the Bears won because of defense and special teams. Tonight was the exact opposite.

By 'well offensively' I meant all the drives where both teams weren't turning it over.