Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: downswinging towards suicide...line checks

hand 1 might seem standard but i prefer calling the flop and folding to a turn bet since there is nothing u beat except a bluff and 1 hand u tie - ak (if hes defending loosely with hands like aj then maybe different).
hand 2, obviously ppl will say u have to raise pf and i prob would, but w/e, u were mixing it up and i cant c u getting away from it the way it was played, u have to bet the river with so little money behind u - ur missing too much value from aj, queens or kings IMO.
hand 3 seems fine also, most ppl r/r sets on boards like oop, and he doesnt have a full buy-in so u can prob expect him to stack off with most jacks and some draws - if u had a read that turn donks were strong, could be different.
hand 4 is most avoidable IMO, only reason to call that is if villain had been very spewy and fishy and u could expect him to shove any overpair or any draw.
hand 5 seems questionable, quite a few draws he can have plus some overpairs and a pair of eights which might come along. Plus, hes prob raising his strong hands on flop like that. pretty player dependant, if he stacks off with tp or better, insta call.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:55 PM

merged with prev post
Old 10-04-2007, 10:17 PM

Revisiting this thread, the thing no one's mentioned is that in a mega 13K downswing, these hands(except Hand 3) are just not hands you want to raise/shove/bluff with. In normal situations they are marginal at best, but when you aren't hitting a thing and feel that you've been playing bad and down 13K, first thing you should do is tighten up and play a typical 22/13 game for a while. Stop the losses, build confidence, and then increase your calling range and aggression again.