Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life

Old 08-21-2007, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Ask me about : coming out

[ QUOTE ]
quote is getting absurdly long, but im not laughing at you for your belief in god, i just dont understand judging people based on a book that admittedly shouldnt be taken literally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm well the stories are written to teach something - 'love thy neighbour' or whatever. So just because I don't believe the actual story happened, that doesn't mean that invalidates the meaning of the story. I think that kinda explains it.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
quote is getting absurdly long, but im not laughing at you for your belief in god, i just dont understand judging people based on a book that admittedly shouldnt be taken literally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm well the stories are written to teach something - 'love thy neighbour' or whatever. So just because I don't believe the actual story happened, that doesn't mean that invalidates the meaning of the story. I think that kinda explains it.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough, and fwiw i didnt mean all christians, or even you specifically, just the ones who feel the need to publicly berate/condemn people for not sharing their beliefs.

[ QUOTE ]
also jay, i dont really have a problem w/ anything you've said in the thread, since it seems to mostly be good-natured kidding w/ kolo, and you havent been an obscenely ignorant bigot like H.M., or a moron like UAT

[/ QUOTE ]bigot? naw just republican/conservative and don't think guys [censored] guys is natural at all. again i repeat, anyone who defends gays is:

1) a girl
2) gay
3) a loser/nerd who always got picked on growing up

[ QUOTE ]
also jay, i dont really have a problem w/ anything you've said in the thread, since it seems to mostly be good-natured kidding w/ kolo, and you havent been an obscenely ignorant bigot like H.M., or a moron like UAT

[/ QUOTE ]

np, as I said before, I have a couple of gay friends, and respect gay people (not the really annoying camp ones obv.) even if I don't condone their actions.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough, and fwiw i didnt mean all christians, or even you specifically, just the ones who feel the need to publicly berate/condemn people for not sharing their beliefs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Tub-thumping and yelling at people, telling them they are going to hell is really not in the spirit of Christianity atall.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

np, as I said before, I have a couple of gay friends, and respect gay people (not the really annoying camp ones obv.) even if I don't condone their actions.

[/ QUOTE ]
I respect killers even if I don't condone their actions.

ducy i did this?
Old 08-21-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]bigot? naw just republican/conservative and don't think guys [censored] guys is natural at all. again i repeat, anyone who defends gays is:

1) a girl
2) gay

[/ QUOTE ]

care to explain why it's unnatural or wrong, besides the fact that you find it gross? Care to offer an intelligent reason (or at least an attempt at one) for you're oh-so-skillful profiling of people who don't hate homosexuals? Also FWIW the bolded is pretty much the word-for-word definition of a bigot.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ducy i did this?

[/ QUOTE ]

because homosexuality is physically harmful to innocent people and is therefore on the same level as murder?
Old 08-21-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1) a girl
2) gay

[/ QUOTE ]

care to explain why it's unnatural or wrong, besides the fact that you find it gross? Care to offer an intelligent reason (or at least an attempt at one) for you're oh-so-skillful profiling of people who don't hate homosexuals? Also FWIW the bolded is pretty much the word-for-word definition of a bigot.

[/ QUOTE ]

if it was natural, a man and another man could procreate, the lifeblood of our civilization, but they cant DUCY?!

seriously im not going to argue this, just let it be noted gay people are disgusting
Old 08-21-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ducy i did this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Becuase you equate killing somebody with putting a dick in their arse? hmmmmmm