Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Players who cannot fold A-K preflop deep in the WSOP ME?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree, I layed down AK last week at the final table at Binions, and I even showed it (I wanted to give an image of being very tight as well), and you should of heard the gasps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that it is totally situation dependent, but think OP's hand was very standard. I laid down AKo to a raise at a live final table yesterday. Everyone was fairly short stacked and playing the very live tight style. Most of the table was only playing phil style poker with 77+,AQ+. With no antes UTG open pushed all-in for ~7 BB (this was around the typical stack size). I had about 15-20 BB and AKo in UTG+1. I was abusing the table with raises and liked my stack size and didn't like getting involved for a significant number of chips with the whole rest of the table left to act. My fold was probably too weak tight, but that's my style. Of course 3 hands latter I pushed with 74s in the SB and got the BB to fold with only 2 BB left behind! I pushed in the CO and LP and got no callers. So my lay down was partially under the knowledge that I'd have later better opportunities as long as I kept my stack size what it was. In a tournament with better people left I'd have been forced to repop with my AKo hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU

FOLDED

AK

FOR

MOTHER

[censored]

BB'S

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

[/ QUOTE ]