Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf

Old 05-17-2007, 04:15 AM

Default Updated Golf Swing

Two weeks ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs0yL3EWglk

Two days ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=218gh_sDvXE, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWebi9HzHDc

Looks pretty similar, but I feel better about the swing. The main problem is apparently with my right arm and how it forces the face closed early on the way down.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:23 AM

Default Re: Updated Golf Swing

God, something looks bad. I'm too drunk to talk.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:20 AM

You still take the club back with your hands instead of your shoulders.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:08 AM

You are bending too far forward from the hips. The angle of your back almost looks like it's 45 degrees or something. Stand up straighter.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:15 AM

Stop making it a robotic motion and just let it flow
Old 05-17-2007, 10:28 AM

The clubface is closed in your takeaway and your downswing. In both cases it matches your spine angle. Without seeing your strike, it's impossible to say whether you should make any wholesale changes. Some very good players have this kind of technique. They all hit strong fades by holding it off, as it looks like you do too.

As for how far you lean over from the waist, that's just part and parcel of your technique. Anyone who gets the clubface shut, and stands tall is in real danger of having only top spin hooks and shanks in their repertoire.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:12 PM

Your hands look a little too high on the takeaway, and the clubhead comes a little too far inside as well.

When I'm trying to get the club back on plane properly, I will lay a club parallel to my target line, then place another one parallel to that along my 'feet line' about a couple feet to the right of my person as I address the ball.

You want to keep your hands low until they reach this second club, at which point your golf club should be parallel with this second club on the ground, and the toe of your club should be pointing up in the air.

From this point you can then get the clubhead going up and around your body on plane. If the toe is up at that first position, it will make it easier to not close or shut it at the top or on the way down.

Try to make sure that at the top of your swing, the clubface is parallel to your right forearm. This too will help you get on plane and swinging more free.

I also think your swing is pretty shallow, and I think the drill with the two clubs will help you to get the club going more 'up' and around, which may help your consistancy.

Remember, hands low until you get to that second club, and make sure the toe of the club is pointed up to the sky.

Hard to explain on a message board, but there you go.

- Jay