Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2007, 01:32 AM

Default Re: FULL RING IS FOR LITTLE GIRLS

[ QUOTE ]
i agree w/ jim. this isn't a super strong or disguised draw, it's a ten high flush draw on a paired board. i wouldn't worry about getting blown off my hand if i bet and get raised. given you c/c flop and turn i would go ahead and check the river too. your hand is way stronger than he probably thinks it is(imo) and you probably won't know how to react vs. a raise from this particular player with the recent history.

[/ QUOTE ]

The check was consistent with how I would play any hand in this spot given the number of callers and board texture. I was planning on mucking it if some callers came along.

Headsup I figure I've got enough equity to call one bet and see a turn. I think my T and 9 outs are good here some percentages of the time given the flop bet size.

At the time I figured, the turn bet would be called only by an 8, boat or flush. I was having trouble assigning a range to those hands given wide preflop range that live players have.

My fear wasn't the he would bluff raise me off the best hand but that I would "value bet" myself out of a stack.