Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: College summer internship: ibanks and hedge funds

What college are you in right now? Northwestern or U of Chicago will help you get one of these positions.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:33 PM

The most important thing that will get you a first round besides stallar GPA / school activities is having something entreprenurial on your resume. They love this.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:50 PM

midas, I'm at Northwestern.

ahnuld, what type of stuff do you get involved with? In high school I was really involved and did stuff like start a web design thing where kids made sites for a ton of school clubs.

At college, I've basically had no interest in any of the school groups or organizations (I was thinking about this and re-looked through the list the other day just to check). I wouldn't really join a group just for resume purposes cause they can prolly see through that anyway. It also seems like there's not much time if I want to focus on school and play poker seriously.

RiverFenix, what type of entrepen. stuff, for example? During high school and earlier in college I bought a few hundred (cheap) wallets, watches, and then poker chips for selling on eBay (and had a wallet selling web site too). This might look interesting to them, not sure.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:12 PM

Chis:

What Ibanks really care about to get a summer internship is that you have good grades 3.6+, have taken relevant coursework, are a hard worker and that you are a good guy and present well. Firms hire in there own image and people hire people who they like and want to be in the trneches with. Spray the resume out now and see who bites.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:17 PM

I wonder how my GPA will look, it's 3.43 overall, 3.66 in Econ. Should prolly be 3.6ish if I wasn't big donkey :\