Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Floor ruling?

[ QUOTE ]

Clear angle-shot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-09-2006, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Out of curiousity, what would you guys think the ruling should be if the dealer had counted the chips, but counted wrong. So it was reasonable for player B to assume the dealer announced an exact count.

Which player should get screwed?

[/ QUOTE ] It's not about getting screwed at all. Players need to protect their own interest in a pot. Dealers make mistakes. A player making a large bet should confirm the amount he bets. A player making a large call is only required to call the amount "quoted" to him by the dealer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure it is. I agree that the betting player should have said something, I also agree dealer's make mistakes. I'm not bashing the dealer here, but clearly somebody gets screwed (not in a huge way, but somebody is getting the short end of a stick in this situation).

As for the angle shoot, it could be, but its not a "clear angle shoot". I don't think player b asked how many chips a had with the hope the dealer got the amount wrong. If he asked how much its quite possible he couldn't see the stacks and so would have no idea that the dealer was off.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:53 AM

Player A actually counted the chips and announced the wrong amount to call the all in. The dealer didnt count the chips and just took A's word for it. Player B called A's bet.
The funny part is when the floor was called over to make a decision. The decision was that B would give the other 2k chips to A knocking B out of the tounament. B refused to give up his chips. Floor must have told him 10 times that he's sorry but tha's the ruling. After the 10th time the floor said fine, I'll make an exception this time and let him keep the chips. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2006, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Player A actually counted the chips and announced the wrong amount to call the all in. The dealer didnt count the chips and just took A's word for it. Player B called A's bet.
The funny part is when the floor was called over to make a decision. The decision was that B would give the other 2k chips to A knocking B out of the tounament. B refused to give up his chips. Floor must have told him 10 times that he's sorry but tha's the ruling. After the 10th time the floor said fine, I'll make an exception this time and let him keep the chips. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

See, that's what really ticks me off. If a floor is going to make a decision then he needs to stick with it or else explain why he was wrong and is now reversing himself. Now that he's shown that he can be pushed around everyone will try and do it and you'll have anarchy...anarchy I say! An archy in the uk. An ardvaark will anarch but a possum will blossom.

Oops...got a little bit carried away. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2006, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After the 10th time the floor said fine, I'll make an exception this time and let him keep the chips. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Thats awful. The only solution at that point is for the other player to go ape [censored] for chips. Which, as was already pointed out, leads to anarchy.