Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2006, 10:00 PM

Default Did I take a 20k bad beat?

So I bought into the main event at the last minute, and a friend advised me to go to Full Tilt and sign up for their sponsorship thing for the main event. When I went there during day 1c (I played day 1d) they said they didn't have the old sponsorship deals still left, but if you wore their shirt and got on TV, they'd give you 20k.

Now, I made the broadcast twice, but never for being at a featured table or anything.

1st- for being next to lennox lewis in the alternate area day 1d when Hachem was at the featured table

and

2nd- On day 4 where Dmitri Nobles is at the featured table, Hachem doubles with an AQ vs 55. There's alot of commotion and I'm at the next table. I don't see the camera but I keep turning around because of the commotion. The camera is RIGHT on me due to the angle they were shooting Hachem.

I decided not to wear the Full Tilt gear. If I had, would I have gotten the 20k? Anyone who did that with FT know? I don't think they'd pay some dude just hanging on the rail, and my appearances are essentially that, but in both instances the cameras were right on me for a good 30 seconds.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:12 PM

Default Re: Did I take a 20k bad beat?

[ QUOTE ]
I decided not to wear the Full Tilt gear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Self caused bad beats shouldn't count.. ala limping with aces then pushing on the flop.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:21 PM

At the time I was thinking there was some slight edge to not looking like an internet donk.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At the time I was thinking there was some slight edge to not looking like an internet donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

And how did that work out for you?
Old 09-25-2006, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, really? This was honestly your reasoning? That's retarded.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:37 PM

a better reason would be not looking like a total [censored]-tard on national tv
Old 09-25-2006, 10:50 PM

A mix of that and I wanted to wear a long sleeved shirt because I thought it might be cold with the air pumping down on me. I hadn't made it down to the Rio to play yet and I hate being cold while playing.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a better reason would be not looking like a total [censored]-tard on national tv

[/ QUOTE ]

Well by day 4, I'm fairly sure when I'm bluffing my neck goes crazy, so I had a polo on, I buttoned the top button, and went collar up to hide my neck. So regardless I looked like a total {censored}-tard on national TV.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:57 PM

Full Tilt doesnt have any long sleeve shirts or hoodies? I would have taken a jersey and worn it over whatever was comfortable.. a chance at an easy $20,000 is hard to pass up.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:02 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

i doubt u would have gotten ne money, u would have only made it if u were playing on a featured table i think.

plus what if u make the final table and u can only max out at 20k? lol