Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2006, 10:47 PM

Default party poker software problem

Hi,
Today while playing some SNG's on party poker, the software became extremely "laggy" to the point of being unplayable. When the flop was dealt, the cards would just "appear" and the chips motion was extremely choppy. If you've ever played online shooters and experienced "lag" this is exactly what is was like (best way I can describe it). Also, it got to the point where my bet/call/fold buttons wouldn't come up in time and I couldn't act, etc. I tried logging out and logging back in -- it didn't really help (although it kind of cleared up enough where I could actually act, albeit with some delay). I even uninstalled and reinstalled the software -- it is still doing it.

On a separate computer today I had no trouble, but when I came back to my apartment (after ~2 weeks away) I installed an update. Through the first 15 minutes of the sng there was no problem whatsoever, yet once the problem started it will not stop. I find this very strange.

Also, for further information my CPU usage fluctuates b/w 4-10% while running party and the rest of my softare runs smoothly, so I really don't think it's an overall system issue. Also, running the connectivity tests through PP says my connection is perfectly fine, and there seems to be no other problems with my connection.

I decided to come here first since PP tech support is well... not so good. Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:30 AM

Default Re: party poker software problem

i have the same problem
Old 07-28-2006, 10:28 AM

I fixed the problem (for 765, or anyone else having similar difficulty). PP never got back with me, and it was still doing it today so I knew it wasn't my connection or computer.

If the chips/cards seem choppy, click on the dealer tray where the cards are and make sure the "Cards and Chips Animations" box is checked. That's it. Apparently the lag I experienced yesterday was from my connection (possibly) or party poker's servers (more possibly), and somehow the setting was changed on my client during the connection trouble. I have no idea how I managed to get into these options to turn off animations without knowing it. I thought the annoying choppiness I experienced later was still the lag -- but it was just the animation that changed.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fixed the problem (for 765, or anyone else having similar difficulty). PP never got back with me, and it was still doing it today so I knew it wasn't my connection or computer.

If the chips/cards seem choppy, click on the dealer tray where the cards are and make sure the "Cards and Chips Animations" box is checked. That's it. Apparently the lag I experienced yesterday was from my connection (possibly) or party poker's servers (more possibly), and somehow the setting was changed on my client during the connection trouble. I have no idea how I managed to get into these options to turn off animations without knowing it. I thought the annoying choppiness I experienced later was still the lag -- but it was just the animation that changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you thank you thank you thank you. PP sucks. You however, [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2006, 03:03 PM

wow. so simple but so frustrating for so long.