Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

View Poll Results: Push or FOld
Push 1 14.29%
Fold 6 85.71%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2007, 06:04 AM

Default 5NL Video

I made a 5NL video for my blog, just wondering if there was interest for it here in the beginners forum. My plan is to make a video for every level I play at except for 2NL which is essentially the same as 5NL in terms of play (playing minimum 10k hands per level, 25-30 buyins for next level before I move up, almost at 25NL right now).

I butchered a few hands in it and it's tough to play 4 tables and explain my thought process when I was used to playing 12-16 tables at that level but I thought some beginners might find it useful as I have yet to see a 5NL full ring video. And hopefully I can get some advice to help me improve as well.

If anyone's interested I'll post it in this thread.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:07 AM

Default Re: 5NL Video

Go ahead and post it. I'll check it out.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:11 AM

5NL Video - 173 MB ~50 minutes - playing deepstacked for 200BB ($10)

You might need to download the Techsmith codec here to see it: http://www.techsmith.com/download/codecs.asp
Old 11-27-2007, 09:05 AM

how do i view it?
Old 11-27-2007, 10:51 AM

It's an AVI file so you can open it in Windows Media Player. You might have to download the techsmith codec (link in my last post) if you can't see the video.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:34 PM

Downloaded it, will watch it later today if I have the time.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:51 PM

The best media player you can have is VLC Mediaplayer. It plays almost all formats by default and uses little resources of your computer.

Just watching the vid, I'll comment you later.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I made a 5NL video for my blog, just wondering if there was interest for it here in the beginners forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds great, downloading it now, I can use all the help I can get

Mike
Old 11-28-2007, 01:39 PM

Ok, saw the video and first of all wanted to thank you for making the video.

The video is really insightfull for microstakes grinders when you explain your lines and give general guidelines for microstakes.
It's also insightfull how you incorporate PT-stats in your decision making.

I think that beginners, like me, are at firsthand clueless how to work with PT/PAHud and how to interpret its data. Hell, I can't even seem to get rid of this bug that shows mucked cards after a hand at the wrong seats (anyone know how to solve this?).

Where did you get your knowledge about PT from? Maybe there are some other sources besides Pokey's infamous PT-topic.

Criticism: I think there are other, more experienced persons who can better comment you about your playing style, so I won't say anything about it.
However, I have some minor technical issues:
- Can you assign a preferred seat to each table when you play? It makes it a little easier to follow the action.
-Also, can you up the resolution/quality of the vid? When I watch the vid fullscreen stack size no. and PT-stats are a little bit blurry.

All in all a very nice video and I'll keep an eye out for the next video on your blog!
Old 11-28-2007, 02:24 PM

Downloading and will take a look at it tonight or save it for the weekend when I have more time. Thanks for making it.

[ QUOTE ]

how to work with PT/PAHud and how to interpret its data. Hell, I can't even seem to get rid of this bug that shows mucked cards after a hand at the wrong seats (anyone know how to solve this?).

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure you're using PAHUD version 1.19.1+ and then use the settings under "preference / pokerstars / preferred seating / seat #" to pick which preferred seat your using.