Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Iowa - Bigger Games, where are they now?

[ QUOTE ]
Praire Meadows have any NO LIMIT games.............what about NO LIMIT throughout the rest of the state?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. There is always a 1/2 NL game going. $100-$300 buyin.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:39 PM

I spent Friday and Saturday night at Meskwaki.. there was a 1/2nl table running(what I play), couple 3/6 limit he tables, and a 3/6 hi/lo limit Omaha full kill..

Sounds like their poker room has lost a lot of business since the Isle in Waterloo opened up. I don't get to Meskwaki much though since I live in Iowa City which is about 10 minutes from Riverside.. I prefer Meskwaki though..
Old 09-17-2007, 03:03 PM

Mark,

In Iowa both the O and the E stand for omaha eight or better when you're talking about a limit game. I was confused too when I first played there. I was like "Hey, you skipped the stud/8 round"
Old 09-17-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I spent Friday and Saturday night at Meskwaki.. there was a 1/2nl table running(what I play), couple 3/6 limit he tables, and a 3/6 hi/lo limit Omaha full kill..

Sounds like their poker room has lost a lot of business since the Isle in Waterloo opened up. I don't get to Meskwaki much though since I live in Iowa City which is about 10 minutes from Riverside.. I prefer Meskwaki though..

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you prefer Meskwaki to Riverside? Also, does Riverside ever have 1-2 NL?
Old 09-17-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why do you prefer Meskwaki to Riverside? Also, does Riverside ever have 1-2 NL?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Meskwaki because it is a much older crowd, which in turn makes the game much easier for me(I'm 21).. The first three times I went there I played 3/6 limit, sessions were +$210, +$200, and +$110.. Friday I played 1/2nl there for the first time and made $600(lost $150 of it back Saturday).. Maybe I play better, or get lucky more often there, I just seem to have better results there..

Since Riverside is close to Iowa City it is a lot of college age kids like myself who are aggressive and generally know what they are doing..

Riverside only has 2/5nl however the buying is $100-300, which is also the same buyin for the 1/2 game at meskwaki..

It's rare to see flops at Riverside for <$15-20.. I limped plenty of times Friday night..
Old 09-18-2007, 09:13 PM

I should have clarified that HOE = Holdem, Omaha High, and Omaha H/L

They also had a SHOE list (but not game running) but I understood the S in SHOE to be Stud H/L and NOT Stud High as you would normally think it would be, so SHOE would be Stud H/L, Holdem, Omaha High, & Omaha H/L

I also agree that limit omaha high is really weird, i just play like a super rock duirng that orbit I am really only interested in Holdem and Omaha H/L
Old 10-10-2007, 05:39 AM

we should get a higher NL hold em game going every now and then, not to replace the HOE or anything, just to see if it would catch on. Maybe like once a month or something. 5/10 or 10/20 NL hold em uncapped buyin... or even 2/5 uncapped. I hate buying in for 300 at RS 2/5. Would rather play 1/2 with 200.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:57 AM

I've been in there before when there were a couple tables of 2/5 running and they have announced 5/10nl $500-no cap buy in and there was no interest..