Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Dog the Bounty Hunter... irony bomb explodes

[ QUOTE ]
20 seconds in.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fPBaOKX7tJQ

[/ QUOTE ]

i still don't understand what your point is. you cannot defend one bad action by citing another
Old 11-04-2007, 08:22 PM

Just showing that it isn't a bad action. To hell with political correctness. [censored] sacrificing bringing truth to light in order to keep from hurting some idiot's feelings. Violent people are worthy of ridicule. I'm a big proponent of using shame and ridicule to modify behavior.

Young black males are responsible for upwards of 40-50% of this nation's homicides. 94% of the victims were also black. If I were truly racist, I wouldn't even bother with this issue and hope it continued unnoticed.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I were truly racist, I wouldn't even bother with this issue and hope it continued unnoticed.

[/ QUOTE ]

unless you thought you could use the fact that you bothered with the issue as evidence of your nonracism, which has a greater value to you than the decrease in the number of black people being murdered resulting from you bothering with the issue.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I were truly racist, I wouldn't even bother with this issue and hope it continued unnoticed.

[/ QUOTE ]

unless you thought you could use the fact that you bothered with the issue as evidence of your nonracism, which has a greater value to you than the decrease in the number of black people being murdered resulting from you bothering with the issue.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like the way you think, but this scenario you describe is not the case Sephus.

I don't hate the black race. I hate the thug culture causing this [censored] and I hate the rich white [censored] encouraging this [censored] by glorifying thug culture in the media and ignoring the problems it's causing.

The idiots buying into this thug culture [censored], these are what I refer to as [censored]. Are we clear now?
Old 11-05-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, even if you ignore all other statistics on the subject, the stat you provided about black violent crime is nothing to be proud of. Less than 13% of the population is causing 21% of single-offender crime? That's shameful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, but it's certainly not the "70%" that you claimed.

Have a nice day. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 01:44 AM

bump b/c he's doing an interview on hannity and colmes right now
Old 11-07-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Black Americans (they aren't African-Americans because there's nothing African about them except the colour of their skin and we're not supposed to judge people on that, like most Americans they couldn't find Africa on a map with both hands, and their family hasn't been in Africa for many generations) have much bigger problems than whether some douchebag calls a black person a [censored] or not. Weren't we all taught as children just to ignore people saying nasty things and NOT encourage them by getting all upset?

[/ QUOTE ]

If they want to be called African-American what's your beef with that? what does finding Africa have to do with anything?

If I join a basketball league and we name our team the Eight Street Dominators, can the other teams go, hey, not only are only two of your players from eighth street, but you don't dominate, you suck - so we're going to call your team the suck-heads; do we find that acceptable?

Or this: "Hello, my name is John Smith" "What?!? You've never worked at a smithy a day in your life, but your head is kinda large and a bit mishapen, from now on you're John Potato-head..."

Also, you say African American is innacurate, and then want to call them Black...by your own reasoning wouldn't you have to call them Brown?

Hell if they decide to go a whole different direction and want us to call them Frost Giants, I still don't see what your beef with that would be.

Edit: for the Chris Rock referrences in this thread. I'm not a huge fan of his, but I like his line "White people wouldn't trade places with me, and I'm RICH!" Anybody think he's wrong?
Old 11-07-2007, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, even if you ignore all other statistics on the subject, the stat you provided about black violent crime is nothing to be proud of. Less than 13% of the population is causing 21% of single-offender crime? That's shameful.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You only cited statistics of single-offender violent crimes. The 70% that he claimed included all violent crimes (but I can't speak to the veracity of his source).
Old 11-07-2007, 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I like the way you think, but this scenario you describe is not the case Sephus.

I don't hate the black race. I hate the thug culture causing this [censored] and I hate the rich white [censored] encouraging this [censored] by glorifying thug culture in the media and ignoring the problems it's causing.

The idiots buying into this thug culture [censored], these are what I refer to as [censored]. Are we clear now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you believe that "thug" culture is the cause for such high rates of violent crime in the African American community? I was always under the impression that poverty was the driving factor.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You only cited statistics of single-offender violent crimes. The 70% that he claimed included all violent crimes (but I can't speak to the veracity of his source).

[/ QUOTE ]

Your parsing of the claims aside, he stil pulled the 70% out of his arse. I think he has a future in politics ... or perhaps as a rush limbaugh fact checker.