Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 05:43 PM

Default $16 Bottom two facing raise

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button (t1680)
SB (t3420)
Hero (t2060)
UTG (t1495)
MP (t1170)
CO (t3675)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls t150, CO calls t150, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t600) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t400</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t800</font>, SB folds, Hero???

No reads on villian, wasnt totally sure what was best. Either shove or fold, didnt like calling. Not much im ahead of, even J10, QJ, KQ have many outs against me so you think a fold is good?
Old 05-03-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: $16 Bottom two facing raise

I would push this instantly.U get a really got price with 1500
and there are way too many holdings u are ahed of!
Old 05-03-2007, 05:51 PM

It's kind of tough...I'm thinking J10, QJ. Those are hands I'd see him limping with, although without reads there's no real way to tell. If you are ahead, you're probably not ahead by much. If you fold, you're still in pretty decent shape, too, so I think a fold is pretty good here.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:55 PM

Since I'm likely against many obvious outs I would call here and CRAI a non J/Q/K turn
Old 05-03-2007, 05:58 PM

I would instapush here. There are more hands you beat than you lose, so get your chips in.

And you already spent a nice part of your stack, so fold isn't a option IMO.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:16 PM

Why no reads? We're 20-30 hands in, we need to know something. Based solely on this hand I have something of a read- (i.e. he's not good. How often do you see players around here being the 2nd limper in a pot at 75/150 w/ a shorty already in and then minraise the flop?)

It's generally a bad idea to bet a hand w/ showdown value planning to fold to a minraise. So as played I shove. That said I'd normally just check the flop and see what happens. CRing a lp raiser and mucking if the table explodes, play the turn card if it checks around but with 2 lp limpers and this flop i don't think that's happening often.

All things in poker are easier with reads- get some and the game will get easier.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's generally a bad idea to bet a hand w/ showdown value planning to fold to a minraise. So as played I shove. That said I'd normally just check the flop and see what happens. CRing a lp raiser and mucking if the table explodes, play the turn card if it checks around but with 2 lp limpers and this flop i don't think that's happening often.

All things in poker are easier with reads- get some and the game will get easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like good advice. Bet/folding is bad. I disagree with others saying there are many hands we could be ahead of after he's minraised your big bet into this field.