Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2006, 09:37 PM

Default Re: Harrah\'s Kansas City 2/5 NL Structure

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't realize how many other Harrah's KC 2/5 NL players were also two plus twoers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Games are pretty donktastic, I guess we are all spread out enough through them

My table on saturday afternoon/early evening was pretty tight though

I miss knowing all of the dealers, floors, and managers like I did in Iowa, if I hated something I knew exactly who to go to. I dont know any of the upper mgmt of the poker room at Harrah's or who would be best to contact to get them to try out a new structure that doesnt involve the insane $10-20 NL with $300 min, no max as that isnt really what is needed. I think where I played in Iowa cared more about players as well.

If anyone knows who has the real power there feel free to post it.

[ QUOTE ]

I also hate no longer being able to buy-in for 75%. Too often, there are several stacks over a grand at the table. When I find myself in that type of situation I will play a modified short-stack strategy which is not fun and is of high variance. At the very least, they should raise the max buy in to $500.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt mind it when they had the one $100-300 game and the 75% game at diff tables. Also if they could make initial buyin at 75% game be $100-500 that would be nice

[ QUOTE ]

I have two other issues with Harrah's. The first is that they no longer offer a 1/2 blind NL game. I think that if they offered a lower blind NL game, it would attract some of the donktastic 3-6 players. Far too often I see only the same NL regulars. Also, it would be more in line with my bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only moved to KC within the last couple months and had played at Harrahs since March. When did they have the 1-2 game, I didnt remember ever seeing one, I am guessing it happened before my move.

I moved down from Iowa where we had both 1-2 and 2-5. I kinda like not having 1-2 but its for a selfish reason, I like that it makes peole play out of their bankroll as its well within my own.

[ QUOTE ]

My second issue has nothing to do with how the room is run. It is simply that I was there last night, played like crap, and lost $200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats understandable, never fun to lose