Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: plan?
flat-call 2 3.13%
4-bet to $1.15 43 67.19%
shove 16 25.00%
BASTARD 2 3.13%
I'M IN YER POLL PICKIN YER OPTIONS 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Possibly Unrelated

I posted this in the Tourney/WSOP/Circuit section where Matt Savage, Johnny Grooms and RR were discussing. This in my mind is the best way it should be handled from now on.

What if there is a way to prevent collusion/chip dumping and kill the hand at the same time. Instead of having the hand still be live when the dealer turns it over, why not have the hand be dead but still make it mandatory that the dealer flip the cards over. This would then prevent the colluding/chip dumping and punish the person for mucking, instead of rewarding them, when they intend to muck and then get lucky. Because I'm sure we all agree that the rule in the cash game is ideally the best ruling in regards to mucking, but the need is still there to prevent the collusion/chip dumping.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:25 PM

Default Re: JC Tran controversy poll

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm fully away what the rule is in donkaments. The point is, its ability to prevent collusion is NOT effective enough to warrant overlooking these types of scenarios, such as the JC Tran video. This situation happens more than you're aware of i think.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Name three other instances where this has happened, ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm asking again. Name three instances.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:59 PM

JC Tran should've wont he hand, no question about it!!!

Look at the Card Player vid, he looks at his hand one more time and throws it to the dealer face-down.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:02 PM

OP is such a joke
Old 11-10-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I posted this in the Tourney/WSOP/Circuit section where Matt Savage, Johnny Grooms and RR were discussing. This in my mind is the best way it should be handled from now on.

What if there is a way to prevent collusion/chip dumping and kill the hand at the same time. Instead of having the hand still be live when the dealer turns it over, why not have the hand be dead but still make it mandatory that the dealer flip the cards over. This would then prevent the colluding/chip dumping and punish the person for mucking, instead of rewarding them, when they intend to muck and then get lucky. Because I'm sure we all agree that the rule in the cash game is ideally the best ruling in regards to mucking, but the need is still there to prevent the collusion/chip dumping.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's honestly about time I see a thought process behind a response to this topic...finally. Instead of mindless reiteration of the current rule and how it was correctly applied to the JC Tran situation...we KNOW, that is NOT the point.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Look at the Card Player vid, he looks at his hand one more time and throws it to the dealer face-down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats because he knows what the ruling is after making sure with the TD. All of these people saying JC Tran was complaining about the decision, either watch the video, or re-watch it, because Tran could not have been more calm about it. The point is, anyone in their right mind, including JC Tran and Chiau Giang, know that what happened is not right, correct ruling given the current donkament rules or not.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It's honestly about time I see someone agree with me in a response to this topic...finally. Instead of considered reiteration of the current rule and how it was correctly applied to the JC Tran situation...We KNOW that while that IS the point, I intend to keep hammering away with my closed mind and intransigent position until a second person somewhere someday agrees with me, and then there will be a third. By November 2027 I fully expect literally tens of people to have been browbeaten into accepting my opinion

[/ QUOTE ]FYP
Old 11-10-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm fully away what the rule is in donkaments. The point is, its ability to prevent collusion is NOT effective enough to warrant overlooking these types of scenarios, such as the JC Tran video. This situation happens more than you're aware of i think.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Name three other instances where this has happened, ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm asking again. Name three instances.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-10-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It actually looks like he is trying to flip his cards UP in a disgusted fashion.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:40 AM

is it all over now?