Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Re: The Well: cmyr

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Do you set yourself goals in terms or how much you are going to play a particular week/month? do you play at set times during the day??

[/ QUOTE ]

I try not to keep arbitrary goals because it often negatively impacts my earn... if I make myself play an extra two hours when I'm not feeling well, it's probably -ev. That said, I try to play about 25 hours a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have tended to find that playing 25-30 hours a week is about right on a regular basis - i find that if i play any more than this i struggle to keep my concentration levels up. i think2 sessions per day for around between 2-3 hours is optimal for me - i would be interested to hear what other people think about this as i wondered if it was just me having a short attention span!
Old 08-20-2007, 02:01 PM

will you be playing the HU plonkament?
Old 08-20-2007, 02:16 PM

VPIP/PFR in an average 6max game and why? The cardrunners pros (Stinger and aba) advocate playing a tight style. aba says something about that you don't leave a lot of money on the table and that you get in spots that are very tricky.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:21 PM

I did like you told me and lost a big pot with second set.

Does your advice include money back guarantee?
Old 08-20-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can you talk a bit about your c-betting strategies? when to c-bet, when not to...

great thread btw

[/ QUOTE ]

headsup, I cbet almost 100% of the time. Against an opponent who is an utter calling station I'll check behind with air and fold the turn, but against most opponents I'm betting most flops.

Agaisnt a tricky player who'll play back light I'll check behind on innocent boards with top pair good kickers and other hands like that that I can call down with if they bluff at me.

The only hands I'm tempted to check behind hu are strong draws that can't stand a raise... a good example would be an OESD or naked NFD where I think I'll get c/r'd quite often. Again, I probably check behind with the NFD headsup 1/10 times. I don't check behind with air.

An interesting development is that as my opponents begin to have a decent understanding of cbets I can check behind representing some weak draw on a drawy board and then represent whatever shows up.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Were you playing PLO side games during the WSOP main event this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah for about a weak in mid july. I was a chatty youngish guy with lonngish dark hair, wearing an old Jordan sweatshirt.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:10 PM

Dear cmyr,

Why do I suck at .25/.5 but rape at .5/1 and 1/2?

Love,
CF

P.S. My thoughts on this thread:

Old 08-20-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
will you be playing the HU plonkament?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but i'd rather 2k then 5k, although I'd probably play either. I think I'd have an edge I just have no idea how big it is. A good NL hu player will be more difficult to deal with in HU PLO then a good fullring PLO player. Anyway it should be fun.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
VPIP/PFR in an average 6max game and why? The cardrunners pros (Stinger and aba) advocate playing a tight style. aba says something about that you don't leave a lot of money on the table and that you get in spots that are very tricky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Between 28/16 and 36/20 depending on the game texture. The more aggressive a game is the tighter I get, since I'm more likely to have to showdown a winner.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:37 AM

What kind of restaurant would you like to own? Do you have any experience in hospitality?