Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-15-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Argosy (Cincy) vs. Caesar\'s IN

For those of you who frequent these rooms ...
how many 2-5 tables are running on a typical Friday afternoon-Saturday afternoon at each location?

I'm part of a group that's looking to go down in the next few weeks and we'd rather be split up among tables rather than play all at the same table (we can stay home and save the rake if we want to do that).

Thanks,

--Headhunter
Old 11-15-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Argosy (Cincy) vs. Caesar\'s IN

the rake is high at caesar's $6 every half hour at 1/2nl + long waiting times to get onto a table. the comps are the worst and no free drinks except coke. never been to argosy but cant see it being worse than caesar's
Old 11-15-2007, 04:43 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

I rarely play NL but I think there will only be one table, maybe two at Argosy. Most of the tables will be $1-3 NL.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:02 PM

Here's what I've noticed:

Argosy - I've been there twice and both times they had one game of 2/5 and one must move. I've yet to see them run more than one 2/5 main game.

Caesar's (this was during the WSOPCE) - There were multiple 2/5 tables, no must moves.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:52 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
Here's what I've noticed:

Argosy - I've been there twice and both times they had one game of 2/5 and one must move. I've yet to see them run more than one 2/5 main game.

Caesar's (this was during the WSOPCE) - There were multiple 2/5 tables, no must moves.

[/ QUOTE ]

They rarely run must move games during the WSOP. I never play $2-5 NL but I hear them tell people to move to the main game when I am there on Fridays.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:25 AM

I've been playing at Argosy occasionally over the last few months. At peak times, there are usually 2 and sometimes 3 2/5 games (usually a must move and 1 or 2 main games, I think). I would bet during afternoons there is 1 - maybe 2 on Saturday afternoons.

The 1/3 game at Argosy is pretty good as well. $300 max buy in, and usually 5+ tables.

Argoys is a decent Midwestern room. I moved recently from Chicago to Cincinnati and, all in all, I have to say that I enjoy Argosy more than the Chicago-area boats (Majestic Star and Resorts). Of course, that is probably the epitome of damning with faint praise.