Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: After online poker officially becomes a felony, are you going to continue to play?
Yes 26 36.11%
No 9 12.50%
Don't know yet 37 51.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2007, 10:26 PM

Default Re: ZOMG!!!!! zero + OurHouse (Trip Report)

Old 07-10-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly I am not leveling anyone. I really do not get it.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:49 PM

you can't spell ticketties without titties
Old 07-10-2007, 11:58 PM

WOWWWWW

fcbl. wtf
Old 07-19-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just got tickets for my first Yankees game. Afternoon game on the 19th vs. the Jays obviously. Got some pretty decent tickets. Pics to follow.

/blog

[/ QUOTE ]
no need to post pics of tickets imo, we all know what they look like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trip report coming soon. Hopefully the damn thing doesn't get rained out.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hopefully the Jays bullpen doesn't cough up another one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have fun!
Old 07-19-2007, 04:15 PM

+220 on Jays today shipithollakthxby!
Old 07-20-2007, 02:55 AM

So yes, the game was very fun. The day started out [censored] because I got 5-6 hours of sleep and I don't really function on less than 7. But obviously I dragged my ass outta bed since I wasn't going to waste my over-priced tickets.

The game was at 1, but we left at 10 because we had to go into Manhattan for OH to get a passport. Obviously we just looked online and found the place that was most convenient on the way to the stadium, so off we go to some Post Office on 125th St. Now OH had told me how uptown is much nicer than the parts of Manhattan we'd driven through before, so I was kinda surprised when we parked next to a run down Post Office in the middle of Harlem. All I can say is that you know you're in the wrong part of town when you see adds like this:

So anyways the passport stuff was brutal since they only had one window open and all the workers at this place were less than competent. The crazy people there did provide some entertainment however. My favorite was the old lady who walked around the place banging her cane on everything and complaining about how she couldn't get any service. Good times. So after 1.5 hours of waiting and $200 for expedited processing we leave that [censored] hole.

Now it's already a little after 1 because the drive from NJ took longer than it should have as did the PO. We get to the stadium area and are directed by some dudes in vests to a parking lot. We pay $20 to get in and the guy offers to valet it if we "take care of him." So whatever. We leave the car and head to the stadium. We did park less than a 5 minute walk away, but on our way we realize that we got ripped off as there was valet parking right in front of the stadium available for $28. Unlike Citizen's Bank Park in Philly, the guys directing traffic didn't actually work for the stadium, but for the lot we just parked at. Oh well. It's the price of being a stupid tourist I guess.

We get into the stadium and I'm shocked at how much of a [censored] hole it is. The only other parks I've been to are Citizen's Bank and the Sky Dome, and they are both 100 times nicer than Yankee Stadium. The concourse area was just a small concrete walkway lined with food carts, and everything was pretty dirty.

We finally get to our seats in between the 2nd and 3rd inning. Although the inside of the place sucked, the field itself was very nice.

Bad news is the Jays were down 2-0. Obviously we just sat around and enjoyed the rest of the game. Got some beer, Cracker Jacks, delicious hot dogs. The Jays did suck this game. For a while all they were hitting were weak grounders. Eventually Vernon Wells got the Jays first hit in the form of a double off the wall the right-center, but nothing came of it. They also made a couple of throwing errors which made me want to strangle a kitten; one from the shortstop throwing the ball into the dirt in front of first, and the other from the pitcher throwing the ball away on a pick-off attempt. Fortunately the Yankees weren't able to score off of either of those errors, so it was still 2-0 going into the 7th.

Before the inning started I actually sort of got on the jumbotron, meaning that the family sitting directly in front of us was featured, and you could see me in the background. After those 2 seconds were over I was immediately disappointed by my lack of quick thinking as I missed a golden opportunity to give the crooked finger to the entire stadium. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

To lead off the 7th inning Matt Stairs (dude who hit the grand slam when we were in Philly) hit a nice double into left-center. Wells follows up with an infield single. Troy Glaus then comes up and flies out, but moves both runners up. Next is that big [censored] Frank Thomas who grounds out but scores Stairs from third and advances Wells. After a lengthy mound conference which required the entire infield for some reason,

the Yankees decide to leave their starter in and good old Aaron Hill comes up and knocks out a triple. Wohoo, Jays tie it up. Next up is the Jays elderly catcher, Gregg Zaun. He grounds into center and Hill comes home to take the lead. Shippit. The inning ends and it goes scoreless into the bottom of the 9th.

I must say that the best thing about that stadium was the crowd. Even though they were all dirty Yankees fans, it was pretty fun being in a crowd that got so worked up and was cheering in unison between each pitch hoping to rally their team to a victory in the bottom of the 9th. Obviously the Yankees suck and it didn't work, but I applaud the enthusiasm.

Before we left OH had to do his impression of Mets.

So thats it I guess. We walked out to our parking lot where there was a large line-up of people waiting to have their car pulled up for them. Being the ballers that we are, OH tipped one of the guys and he took us right in and brought our car out the side exit. The drive home in traffic was obviously not fun, and I passed out as soon as we got in the door. The end.

(I'll be surprised if anyone actually read all of this.)
Old 07-20-2007, 03:07 AM

yankees suck

cool pics
Old 07-20-2007, 03:21 AM

FWIW, I thought this impression was better: