Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2006, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Radical Islam vs. Radical Christianity

[ QUOTE ]
I agree, there are Islamic extremists that want to covert the world to Islam. However, the US government has empowered them in two big ways-
1) propping up despot regimes like Iraq and Iran
2) It's actions against the Islamic world fuel anti-Americanism and creates a demand for terrorism.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. The current Iranian government is Islamic. It's not the government we put there. There was a revolution in Iran.

2. Saddam was actually the best choice for Iraq. He wasn't religious and wouldn't rule a religious state. Also, he was at one time very popular with the people.

3. You can't continue to blame America. Certain things could of been done better, but yes the situation now is caused solely by Islamic Facist. These are the people who you can't sit down with, who won't listen to talks. They are unreasonable. How can you sit with someone who just makes threats? These people have already declared war on America countless times over. They call us Infidels, they call us unbelivers. The war in Iraq is now the staging point for Americas survival. A loss, or an early pullout could mean the end of the West as we know it. Democracy must succeed in the Middle-East.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:04 PM

isn't exactly what you just said the main reason people believe in Christianity?

That's what many outspoken athiests think about religious people, and so saying it to an anti-religious person relegates them to the same camp.

That's what we call a joke.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When radical Christians hijack planes or blowup subways or trains, get back to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crusades anyone?

I agree with other posters: all religion is dangerous.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. The current Iranian government is Islamic. It's not the government we put there. There was a revolution in Iran.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you believe that then I suggest you read up on Carter's role in the Iranian Revoultion
[ QUOTE ]
2. Saddam was actually the best choice for Iraq. He wasn't religious and wouldn't rule a religious state. Also, he was at one time very popular with the people.

[/ QUOTE ]
So the reason we invaded now is...
[ QUOTE ]
3. You can't continue to blame America. Certain things could of been done better, but yes the situation now is caused solely by Islamic Facist.

[/ QUOTE ]
How? Who invaded Iraq, Americans or Islamic terrorists? Who displaced Palestine, westerners or Islamic terrorists?
[ QUOTE ]
These are the people who you can't sit down with, who won't listen to talks. They are unreasonable. How can you sit with someone who just makes threats?

[/ QUOTE ]
Wait, are you talking about when Bush demanded to be able to know everything about Iraq's military?
[ QUOTE ]
These people have already declared war on America countless times over. They call us Infidels, they call us unbelivers.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, and the US Government has done more to recruit people to their cause then anything else.
[ QUOTE ]
The war in Iraq is now the staging point for Americas survival.

[/ QUOTE ] How so?
[ QUOTE ]
A loss, or an early pullout could mean the end of the West as we know it. Democracy must succeed in the Middle-East.

[/ QUOTE ]
To paraphrase [censored]-"What the hell is victory at this point?"

Why must democracy succeed in Iraq? What if a majority of people wanted to destroy America and Iraqi's democratic government began funding terror and building nukes? Is democracy still the answer to all of our problems?
Old 09-18-2006, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
isn't exactly what you just said the main reason people believe in Christianity?

That's what many outspoken athiests think about religious people, and so saying it to an anti-religious person relegates them to the same camp.

That's what we call a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh I see, just wanted to point it out to you in case it wasn't a joke, or to others if they didn't see it as one.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:40 PM

No ones saying Saddam didnt turn into a huge failure. He turned on the U.S.

Islamic Terrorist was around long before we invaded Iraq. Long before 9/11. It's an Religious Ideaology. Not something that we did or didn't to them.

They recruit people, they train their children, inbed it in them to hate the West.

And the war in Iraq is so important for two main factures. 1. If allowed to be over run by Iran, Saudi Arabia would soon fall as well. You think the problem with oil now is bad?
2. U.S. creditablity will be shot, Islamic facist will see it as a huge victory, just as Hezbollah did when Israel pulled out.

Those will have big big consequences in the future.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All religion is dangerous and harmful.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you figure?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll tell you:

Religion is not knowledge. The beliefs are not rational in the mind (consistent, connected to other knowledge, etc), nor are they transmitted rationally (like you would through scientific means).

So if it's not knowledge; what is it then, and how DOES it transmit?

Religious belief is a traumatic complex..
http://www.freedomainradio.com/Traff...human_soul.mp3

..that behaves very much virus like.
http://www.simonyi.ox.ac.uk/dawkins/Worl...sesofmind.shtml

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone else see the irony of "thinking for yourself", while the only arguments used are podcasts and articles written by others?
Old 09-18-2006, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No ones saying Saddam didnt turn into a huge failure. He turned on the U.S.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? Being that we invaded him, some would say it's the other way around.
[ QUOTE ]
Islamic Terrorist was around long before we invaded Iraq. Long before 9/11. It's an Religious Ideaology.

[/ QUOTE ]
No one's saying anything different, however the war in Iraq has fueled the growth of terrorism. Do you disagree?
[ QUOTE ]
Not something that we did or didn't to them.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've given you a half dozen reasons why you're wrong and yet you still put this baseless assertation in every post you make.
[ QUOTE ]
They recruit people, they train their children, inbed it in them to hate the West.

[/ QUOTE ]
mmkay.
[ QUOTE ]
1. If allowed to be over run by Iran, Saudi Arabia would soon fall as well. You think the problem with oil now is bad?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm, either I missed the part where Iran wanted to invade Iraq, or you must of missed that 8 year war Iraq and Iran had that was a complete stalemate. Either way I see you're resorting to pulling ideas out of your ass as to justify the war in Iraq. I haven't even heard Hush Bimbo or Sean Vannity use that excuse.
[ QUOTE ]
2. U.S. creditablity will be shot, Islamic facist will see it as a huge victory, just as Hezbollah did when Israel pulled out.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if you were paying attention, but US credibility already is shot, mostly because we invaded Iraq under false premises, Suprise!
So what if Islamic fascists (it's plural, not singular) think it's victory, does that justify spending $1billion/week and thousands of lives over? Tell me, I want to know, why are we over there?
[ QUOTE ]
Those will have big big consequences in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]
And what we're doing know doesn't? Every day US military is in Iraq killing civilains the more popular Anti-Americanism and terrorism becomes, how can you not see that?
Old 09-18-2006, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so i disagree. i'd say radical christianity is much more threatening than radical islam could ever be for the USA. and vice versa of course. radical islam is much more threatening than radical christianity could ever be for muslim countries.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree.